Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 20, 2004, 04:55 PM
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2003
357 Posts
Can someone suggest a lipo battery for my dlg?

I have scratch built a bug/seeker look-alike and with a 4 cell 50mAh Nicd (GWS brand, 16g) it is somewhat noseheavy. I am thinking if I can replace it with a lighter battery that will save me from adding tailweight to balance the plane. At the moment it is 3.5Oz and saving a few grams will also help I am sure.

Can someone suggest an alternative battery that is of similar size to the above (very tight space). I think lipo if of similar dimension would be good although I don't know any online store which sell this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
dimple is offline Find More Posts by dimple
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2004, 05:21 PM
Lindenwold, NJ, USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,143 Posts
I would like to see photos of that bug/seeker look-alike. Wondering which parts you took from the Bug and which parts you took from the Seeker.

Lipos are flat and wide. It might be tough to fit one.
With one cell the voltage is too low or marginal, and with two cells the voltage is too high. There has been posts to this forum on reducing the voltage of a two cell. Try a search.
John Gallagher is offline Find More Posts by John Gallagher
Old Oct 21, 2004, 02:11 AM
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2003
357 Posts
My modified bug pic

Excuse my crappy camera
Old Oct 21, 2004, 04:14 AM
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2003
357 Posts
The wing is stock from bug, but the fuselage is composed of a boom which is embeded in the wing root, with a pod attached to the front. No fuselage directly under the wing.