HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 20, 2004, 03:02 PM
Seattle/Tacoma Lake Union, Washington, United States
Joined Sep 2004
13 Posts
how do you put your plane in your car securely?

I am looking for a way to put my plane in my car safely, I have a compact sedan , I need to fold the back seat then put fuselage and wings inside, I am thinking about something made of foam to secure them(my car doesn't have any hook in the trunk), how do you guys do it?
guoxiaotian is offline Find More Posts by guoxiaotian
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2004, 03:30 PM
Los Angeles Intl, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
287 Posts
I built a cradle out of 3/4" PVC Pipe and covered the parts that touch the airplane with pipe insulation foam. I didn't glue it together so that I could take it apart if need be (or fix my sprinklers with it). I'll try to post a pic tonight but it's a pretty simple doodaad.
mikester is offline Find More Posts by mikester
Old Oct 20, 2004, 03:49 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Since all my planes have landing gear I make wheel chocks with hook Velcro on the bottoms. The wheels fit into the cups about to the hubs and I have never had one break loose from the chocks! Just saw them out in several wheel sizes with my band saw and use plywood sides.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
Old Oct 20, 2004, 04:26 PM
R U killing the kittens?
Chaos, UC
Joined Jun 2003
1,585 Posts
i do the same as boomer, except my wheel chocks are tuna fish cans with sandpaper on the bottom. they work great
artmonster is offline Find More Posts by artmonster