SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 28, 2004, 08:54 PM
Joined Sep 2002
7,938 Posts
Kyle,

Thanks man. We already no the boat works as I have seen a video of one in action. Here's the link: http://www.modelluboot.de/KITS/VII/viic_fahrend320.mp4

Synwpn,

You build the PBY I got that 1112 to do soon.

Thanks guys,

Steve
U812 is offline Find More Posts by U812
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2004, 11:02 AM
Albuquerque, NM 87114
Joined May 2000
240 Posts
Steve,

Thanks for the link.

Kyle
lowpass is offline Find More Posts by lowpass
Old Oct 30, 2004, 12:19 AM
Joined Sep 2002
7,938 Posts
Hey Kyle your welcome. Haven't got much more done. a little more paint. I should finish this weekend. Then next week we'll give her a spin in my pool.

I never use my pool, friends do and my family but I never seem to. Now I have a good use for it! LOL

Already thinking about the next sub. I'm thinking scratch build this time. Something big and scale. Maybe a Skipjack since my dad use to work on them.

Steve
Old Nov 01, 2004, 03:03 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,335 Posts
DASBOOT!! AALLLAARRMMM!!

Thats funny, your into everything like me too.

Hey Steve, Ive had my eye on that model for a few months now. That vid is the first time Ive seen it run. Very cool and so simple. Shoot some vid or pics of your bonvoyage please! Tempting very tempting, my father loves U-Boats maybe I'll just get it for him.
Nice finish on your model.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Nov 01, 2004, 03:19 AM
Dave Appleton
Liverpool, Great Britain (UK)
Joined May 2004
466 Posts
Hey Steve,
Zee unterseeboot looks goot yah! Looks nice Steve, cant wait for the video.......of you swimming to the bottom of the pool. Seriously though, what length is it as it looks really intricate. Nice finish too. Good luck with the sailing. Talk soon

Dave....
Fire42 is offline Find More Posts by Fire42
Old Nov 01, 2004, 03:33 AM
Joined Sep 2002
7,938 Posts
Hey guys. Glad you found my little secret.

Dave it's a 3 footer. Wish it was bigger but give me a few weeks and there will be a larger one.

Hey I'll play SH3 with you recoil! Lets keep watching for the release. Hope it's soon. Ya airplanes, space travel and RC subs. the best of all worlds.

Well here's a little more progress. Paint is almost finished. Got to add the rigging and go see if she sinks...and then comes to the surface again!

Here's some pictures. Video soon!

Thanks guys!

Steve
Old Nov 01, 2004, 03:36 AM
Joined Sep 2002
7,938 Posts
And some more.
Old Nov 01, 2004, 03:51 PM
go fly! no crashes!
Honolulu, HI
Joined Jun 2003
2,845 Posts
dont forget to make the dive klaxon sound when you start the dive Steve!
Synwpn is offline Find More Posts by Synwpn
Old Nov 01, 2004, 09:51 PM
Joined Feb 2004
4,335 Posts
Is the model neutral in the water or forced to dive, positive buoyancy? That model finished up pretty good considering there isnt much to it.

Ahh yes, RECOIL on the high seas, I can see it now, a member of the dreaded Atlantic Wolf Pack!!! Have to speak German now... mach schnell!!
Old Nov 01, 2004, 10:08 PM
Joined Sep 2002
7,938 Posts
Cool! I don't see on there site a release date yet. Do you?

It's a dynamic diver. Dive planes force it down until I can make up a balast tank.

Steve
Old Nov 02, 2004, 01:47 AM
Joined Feb 2004
4,335 Posts
No release date yet that I know of.
Old Nov 05, 2004, 12:59 AM
Joined Sep 2002
7,938 Posts
I wish they'd hurry up!

steve
Old Nov 05, 2004, 02:30 PM
air ace
Joined Nov 2004
6 Posts
the sub looks beautiful, i hope it sails as good as it looks. just make sure that it doesnt meet the same fate as my scratch-built U-505 type IX U-Boat. I sailed it in a lake, I forgot where, and i wasnt aware that there was a R/C speedboat race. I surfaced her right in the middle of the race, thus colliding into one of the speed boats. The speedboat hit my submarine right on the port side. The impact was hard enough that it tore a gaping hole right in the bow section, shaking up the interior and all my onboard servos. I couldn't control the submarine, and water started seeping into her port side. Believe it or not, it took 20 minutes for my submarine to sink, and I could do nothing but watch it sink. She sank stern first. well, the best of luck with your U-Boat, and go out there and sink as many merchant ships as you can! Just don't end up colliding into a speed boat.
sky captain is offline Find More Posts by sky captain
Old Nov 05, 2004, 09:24 PM
Joined Sep 2002
7,938 Posts
Sky Captain,

Sorry to hear that but this boot will stay in my pool for awhile. Until I get bored that is and go out looking for those merchant ships!!

Thanks for the comps. glad you like the boot as much as I do. Scratch built is next. It will be a nice break from jets which eventually end up as scale lawn darts.

Steve
Old Nov 05, 2004, 09:36 PM
go fly! no crashes!
Honolulu, HI
Joined Jun 2003
2,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by U812
Sky Captain,
........It will be a nice break from jets which eventually end up as scale lawn darts.

Steve

no jinxing!!! soooo, instead of a lawn dart, you'll be playing with a steel (plastic) coffin?
Synwpn is offline Find More Posts by Synwpn