HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2004, 03:41 PM
Permanently Banned
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
Joined Sep 2003
8,434 Posts
What do you get when you have a 3 way?

I have a corner of my shop reserved for old/dead/crashed airplanes. Many of them have parts and pieces that could be re-used - if I ever get around to it. Some of them have sentimental value and some I just cant bare to throw away just yet. The pain is still too fresh.

However, they are ALL expected to stay put and be nice. They are not supposed to disturbe me or any of their still flying brothers and sisters OR each other. Those are the rules.

Yes, I know how it is SUPPOSED to be, but some of my planes are female and some are male.

I dont know how that happened exactly. Could be genetics, or lifestyle, who knows. I dont judge them, I just fly them.

The currently flying ones, I am carefull to keep segregated so as to prevent any un-authorised fraternising. Occationaly, in the back of the truck, things do get a little friendlier than I am comfortable with, but I always put a stop to the hanky panky as soon as I get to the field.

So far there have been no "issues". Monokote makes a pretty good "protective covering" if you get my drift

However, those planes in the dead pile are expected to remain, well, dead. Thats why they are in that pile. I know, I know, I may SAY I am going to rebuild them or salvage parts, but you all know how THAT goes. Once in the pile they are supposed to be quiet and not cause any trouble.

Well... I found out last night that three of my old planes have apearantly been up to some serious hanky panky! Yes, I too am shocked.

I am not sure, but I suspect that it was the Dave Patrick Ultimate that started it. That plane was always very headstrong and dificult to controll, always wanting to go its own way and acting just a little squirley, if you know what I mean.

I'm a little supprised at the other two tho. I never would have suspected the two Freedom 3D's of leaning in THAT direction. You just never can tell I suppose.

I cant tell too much about the new offspring, the three 'parents' are keeping it covered up too well and wont let me get too close. That Ultimate especially is turning out to be quite the protective 'mom'. Who would have guessed?

So far, all I can tell is that its going to be bigger than I would have thought.

As soon as they let me, I'll get some pics of the new 'baby' and let you all see.

Larry

P.S. i wonder what they will come up with for a name??
Larry3215 is offline Find More Posts by Larry3215
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2004, 07:29 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,333 Posts
The suspence is killing me
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:43 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Sep 2003
8,434 Posts
I have hopes of geting pictures tonight.

I think mom will be off the nest by then

Larry
Old Oct 20, 2004, 04:21 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
A "menagerie a trois"?

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Oct 21, 2004, 03:07 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined Sep 2003
8,434 Posts
I am afraid the situation may be far worse than I at first believed.

I am beginning to suspect that this is NOT just a simple case of experimintation in alternate lifestyles.

I shall present the evidense as I get it, without prejudice, and you can judge for yourself.

My suspitions however are 'grave' indeed.

Larry
Old Oct 21, 2004, 03:29 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Birth was quite painful it looks..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram