Joined Jul 2003
3,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66
Molloy

You in the RAAF...
I was in Amberley for 6 years...
501wg/6Sqn and 23Sqn
I am not in the RAAF but I do work for Boeing on Base..
Mick Molloy is offline Find More Posts by Mick Molloy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:05 AM
Adelaide, South Australia
Joined Oct 2005
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Molloy
I am not in the RAAF but I do work for Boeing on Base..
Cool

I really miss Amberley... used to live on Rosewood Rd... Do you know Craig Williams or Brad Martin? I know Brads into RC in the Amberley Club... he buit a lovely Fw190 just before I left.

Snoop..
Snoopy66 is offline Find More Posts by Snoopy66
Old Nov 23, 2005, 06:12 AM
Joined Oct 2005
70 Posts
Here's very basic blueprint....
Available from http://www.suurland.com/blueprints.p...=10&order=name

I will post any others I find...
Snoopy66 is offline Find More Posts by Snoopy66
Old Nov 29, 2005, 12:52 AM
Fennville, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2005
23 Posts
Angle-Fire, I know a guy that build a DF model & flew it a few times before he sold it. I'll contact him to see if he has plans for it yet or not, or at least try to find out where he got them from. I'll see if it's OK with him to forward his email address to you, but don't want to do that until I make sure it's OK. It probably is OK, but will get back with you in the next week or so.
SR-71 Pilot
SR-71 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by SR-71 Pilot
Old Nov 29, 2005, 01:14 AM
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,202 Posts
Welcome to RCGroups SR-71 Pilot.... were you a real SR-71 Pilot / Spaceman?????
Old Dec 08, 2005, 02:28 AM
Fennville, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2005
23 Posts
Mick Molly, I only wish I was a REAL SR-71 Pilot. I did not know what to use for a name so I used this "SR-71 Pilot". We are working an a Scratch Built SR-71 currently. You can see some of the pics I've posted in the scratch built section on this web site if you care to check it out.
During the build of this SR-71 I have come to know of a few pilots that did actually fly the real jet, but they still don't talk much in public. You can sometimes get them to open up via email or phone, but they don't mengle much on web forums. If they do, they are still pretty quite about it.
Bill
AKA SR-71 Pilot.
SR-71 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by SR-71 Pilot
Old Dec 08, 2005, 06:30 AM
Joined Aug 2004
133 Posts
FWIW I fly at the Tingalpa Model Aero Club ( www.tmac.asn.au ) and I was down there on Sunday and there was a flyer on our noticeboard for one for sale. it was a 90 size DF built for OS 91 fans.

I got talking to some of the guys who have flown at TMAC for a while and they were saying that there was French guy who built one with fully functioning swing wings. He apparently didnt take into account the CG change and it nearly ended with disastorous results. The guys weren't 100% sure but they thought the fellow has since passed away.

Another club member and my (former) flight instructor also had an F-111 model, not sure if it had swing wings or not but it was lost to the TMAC bush a few years before I began flying.

As for the second hand one, it looked pretty slick, painted in current RAAF Amberley Squadron colours. If it is still for sale I can check it out for you, I see you are in Brisbane so you might have a look yourself if you are nearby.

Marcus
Fly-guy is offline Find More Posts by Fly-guy
Old Dec 09, 2005, 05:59 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,431 Posts
You mean this Puppy

By the way if ya wanna know anything about any article in RCJI I have them all going back to there first issue.
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Dec 09, 2005, 06:18 AM
Newcastle
Joined Oct 2003
581 Posts
A friend of mine has just finished an all balsa pusher jet. It is about 60ish cm long and looks fantastic. 528g ready to fly. After it test flies he is planning to make another and convert it a ducted fan model. Mick Molloy will know who I am talking about here. I will try to get some pictures and post them. He is a very accurate and fastidious builder so progress is not lightning fast but generally worth the wait.
J.E. Johnson is offline Find More Posts by J.E. Johnson
Old Dec 09, 2005, 06:28 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,431 Posts
Couple more random F111 pic's

A funny and the ole fella himself out practising for the big day Thirdty work.
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Dec 09, 2005, 11:47 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,186 Posts
I just buy the largest plastic, good quality scale model of the plane and scale it up. Cut the assy. fuselage into slices for your frame stations. Done. Put the pieces on a copy machine and enlarge. Stop when it starts to get fuzzy. Take that picture to a commerical bluprint place and they can blow it all the way up. 8' WW II Higgins PTB, 6' Martin China Clipper, 78" A-10 Hog. It works. Try it. It works on all parts of the plane and you get the exact size you want.
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:21 PM
chicago
Joined Jan 2004
387 Posts
f 111

I have a few drawings. it's a tough project.
captinnitro is offline Find More Posts by captinnitro
Old Jan 02, 2006, 05:54 PM
Joined Sep 2003
3,092 Posts
I just came across this thread by accident because I normally don't read the jet topics but ahhhhh...the F111

I've seen that model in the article flying at a Jet day near Adelaide and have a photo of it somewhere. I worked on the F-111's for 8 years at Amberley as an engine fitter so I got to know them rather well. I was even allowed to fly one for a short while when I went up on an engine test flight
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder
Old Jan 04, 2006, 01:02 AM
MINE!
Australia, VIC, Point Cook
Joined Jul 2003
3,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downunder
I was even allowed to fly one for a short while when I went up on an engine test flight
Old Jan 04, 2006, 11:53 AM
Joined Sep 2003
3,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Molloy
Hehehehehe
I'm not sure just how fast we went because I didn't look at the Mach indicator until just after we started to slow down but it was reading Mach 2.3 when I looked. Whatever, it was still accelerating hard before he backed off. Then some TFR at 300 feet and a hesitation (4 point) roll for laughs

What I didn't know until then was that they swing the wings forward a few degrees to slow down from a Mach run. It was like slamming on the brakes in a car!
downunder is offline Find More Posts by downunder