SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2004, 05:14 PM
Joined Aug 2004
17 Posts
Pulling my hair out-trying to get dual ail. servos right.

I put this in the JR section on RCU but am copying it here to see if anyone else has had a similar problem and might be able to offer a solution. I suspect the answers will be that I just will have to accept equal up-down aileron travel, live with the backwards flap switch or loosen and rotate the switch 180 degrees.

I am trying to get dual ail. servos working on a Cub with a JR XF631 transmitter, 537BB servos, with a R700 receiver.

I installed everything, zeroed the flap travel with the switch up & down per the instructions and switched to flaperon mix. The ail. travel adjustment works on the right aileron, but the flap travel in the flaps up position has to be adjusted to get the left ail travel adjusted. I wanted more down-travel than up-travel on each aileron. Is this possible with this radio? I can get it on the aileron channel (right aileron), but can't on the left aileron. Also, I had to reverse both the ail. and flap travels, otherwise they're backwards. If the flap channel isn't reversed the ail. control stick moves the ailerons up and down together. Setup the way I have had it, the flap switch operates what I consider intuitively backwards, ie: you pull the switch up (towards you) to lower the flaps and push the switch down (away from you) to raise the flaps.

So, the best I have been able to achieve is the system operating mostly properly, but with the up and down travels for both ailerons equal and the flap switch seeming backwards, without being able to adjust the travel of the left aileron.

I am about ready to pull it all out, tear-off and re-sheet the wing, install a single servo, forget the flapperons and dual aileron servos. Any better ideas? I am feeling way dumber than the radio right now. I don't want to deal with making real flaps.

Thanks,
Bill Duffel
bduffel@aol.com
BDuffel is offline Find More Posts by BDuffel
to remove ads between posts