HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2002, 07:32 PM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Looks like i finally got burned on the e-zone too.

I'm not [complaining] but if you sell something and not sure it works please state it!! I bought a A/F speed control from someone here on the ezone.I just got around to try it out and NOTHING! NOTTA! I always try to give the best deals espcially here because it seems like a big family.I guess i'll have to put my guard up now!!Well off to A/F for repairs So please lets be careful out here in cyber world. stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Last edited by Cash Traylor; Feb 19, 2002 at 09:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2002, 08:45 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
stefanP,
I hate to hear this. I purchased a speed control that I thought didn't work a while back. It turned out not to have BEC in it and needed a receiver battery hooked into the receiver. It works fine after I did this. They also mentioned that I could hook a servo cord to my pack and into the receiver. At first I thought that I'd been had but I posted in the Modeling science to find out what the problem was. Within a few hours someone had the answer and walked me through the solution. Maybe this has happened to you?? I hope so and it's not as bad as you think!! If the speed control is bad, did you attempt to resolve the issue with the seller?? I've delt with several sellers here and all of them have been more than fair, a couple have bent over backwards to help me.
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Feb 15, 2002, 11:46 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,288 Posts
Komet

What type ESC did you buy. Remember there are several types currently available from A/F, most require a flight pack. The AF215 type is BEC equipped and does not require a flight pack. The AF217 is not BEC and requires a seperate flight pack as do most of the older models (AF204,AF210 etc)
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Feb 17, 2002, 04:35 PM
D.G.B.
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
used speed control

BillM, It is a A/F Model 211 yes i did hook a reciever battery up also put in a servo to varify the reciever was good.does anybody know what the lead time is at A/F for service repairs? It's funny when i bought the esc i didn't really need it but i thought i would help him out and buy it anyway just incase i may need it.Oh well. So please if your not sure if something works state that fact. stefanP

Ghost rider requesting a fly by..........
Old Feb 18, 2002, 12:33 PM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
just one more thing, if you have a computer radio make sure your ATV setting is up to 100%. I had an 020 that would not start, BEC worked, sent it in for repair, they found no problem sent it back (about 3 weeks total). Can not remember the ATV setting but it was low, so I reset back to 100% and voila everything works ok. Never went back to see how low the ATV could be set and still work.
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris
Old Feb 18, 2002, 05:59 PM
D.G.B.
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
FALSE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave how did you know i had a computer radio??? that was exactly what was wrong! set it to 100% and presto!!!!!! it works perfect.SORRY FOR RINGING THE ALARM stefanP

Ghost rider requesting a fly by........
Old Feb 18, 2002, 08:40 PM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
Just a lucky guess, glad I was able to help
Dave
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris
Old Feb 18, 2002, 10:57 PM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Komet,
Glad it worked out!! Thanks Dave for helping!!
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims
Old Feb 19, 2002, 12:45 PM
Master ReKitter
San Diego,Ca, USA
Joined Aug 2000
2,756 Posts
I have to compliment Komet 44 for NOT bringing up names in the original post. He found his error and posted us with results to help us in the future. As has been seen, sometimes we implicate someone else and find out it is us...

Very Classy, Komet 44!
uglyplane is offline Find More Posts by uglyplane
Old Feb 19, 2002, 02:24 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
Pogo said it best:
"we have met the enemy and
he is us!"
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old Feb 19, 2002, 05:30 PM
D.G.B.
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
Yes thank you dave for the advise.i don't think names need to be brought up unless its a situation where others can get hurt from that person.stefanP