HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2004, 11:36 PM
United States, WA, East Wenatchee
Joined Aug 2004
3 Posts
P-51 world/hanger 9/top flight??

Which one is the best of the big ones?

pros and cons would be helpful, I can't decide!!

Thanks in advance gang!
Starberfarbin is offline Find More Posts by Starberfarbin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2004, 01:56 AM
You talkin' to ME?
lehigh valley, pa
Joined Nov 2003
163 Posts
hangar 9's 1.50 is real nice....and the new miss america .60 size is even better. hangar 9 has the best arf's out there today.
Jdeiter is offline Find More Posts by Jdeiter
Old Oct 15, 2004, 07:19 PM
Tailspin90
Valparaiso, IN
Joined Sep 2004
19 Posts
Did you look at the Top Flite P-51??
I think if it we me i'd get the top-Flite ARF.
Just my 2 cents.....

Tailspin........
tailspin90 is offline Find More Posts by tailspin90
Old Oct 20, 2004, 08:04 PM
Joined Oct 2004
7 Posts
i just bought the h9 1.50 mustang and currently putting it together for my winter project. I have found that the planes coating is very nice with no dings and few wrinkles. i have read alot and talked to owners that say the gear rails are weak and hard landings will crack them. so i have glued 1/4 inch ply under and perpendicular to the rails. and as most stock retracts they will be replaced. i have also herd the flaps work very well and slow the plane fast. although the plane is very stable and easy to fly. many have said the manuals recomendations on the elevator are very touchy and needs backed off a little. if anyone has info on different retracts that would be great. i dont know any thing on others only that the world models planes come with better hardware such as hinged control surfaces.
JR dude is offline Find More Posts by JR dude
Old Nov 04, 2004, 08:16 PM
Generally R/C Insane!!!
Newton Iowa USA
Joined Oct 2003
79 Posts
World Models #1

I have a world models 60 size mustang. I can say that i have had the others you mentioned and the quality of workmanship on my world models beats the other two. My retracts aren't wobbly, My cowl is perfect and i get a clear cowl for making cutouts and mounting holes before ruining real cowl, My world mod mustang also comes prehinged with hinges glued. Not to bash hangar9 or top flight but world models has them beat! Just my .02 worth
rceagle1a is offline Find More Posts by rceagle1a