Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:07 PM
In my Blu heaven! near Lincoln NE
Joined Mar 2003
2,000 Posts
How do I make an avatar??? where should this post go?

I would like to have a cool avatar like I have seen on here and not the first clue to how to go about getting, or posting it. help anyone?
Also couldn't figure out where to post this thread.
Tips on a "moving" avatar ?

Oh and lest I forget, I need to change my email addy regarding this group

Robert.
willin is offline Find More Posts by willin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:29 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,174 Posts
To create an avatar you need to create a 75 x 75 pixel gif image. It needs to be small (eZone limits the allowed size). You can start out with a larger photo, crop and resize to the max 75 x 75 format. Then you go to your eZone User Control Panel and upload your gif file. You can change your email address there too.

Creating animated gifs requires a special editor. I am not fond of the distraction (and some are very irritating) so I will not tell you more.

This post should have really been started here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

RC-CAM
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:45 PM
In my Blu heaven! near Lincoln NE
Joined Mar 2003
2,000 Posts
Mr.RC-CAM, thank you for the input. As for the animated gif I too feel it is a distraction but felt I should ask at the same time just to satisfy my curiosity.
for me I am here for the advancement of the hobby. To learn more and to share my knowledge as well. Encouragement to the discouraged, and enlightening those who who ask for enlightenment.
If I had thought that an avatar were more important I would have asked long before now.

Thank you for your help and input, Robert
willin is offline Find More Posts by willin
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:49 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,485 Posts
I think animated gifs are justified so long as they're nice and slow, and they display something relevant.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:53 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,174 Posts
Quote:
If I had thought that an avatar were more important I would have asked long before now.
I enjoy seeing what eZoner's come up with. Some are a real hoot. A lot of personality can be seen in these little graphics.

RC-CAM
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM