HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2002, 12:34 PM
adam jorgensen
n/a Posts
Best R/C flight simulator

Hi. As you can see I'm new here. I'm also new to the field of r/c flying. I'm going to get a hornet indoor helicopter, but I want to know whats the best r/c simulator you can get? I need one that can fly helicopters and that will work using an interface cable with my own JR XF421 radio. I'm thinking of getting a CSM V10 flight sim because my radio will work with that program, but its $75.00. At the same time, thers just an interface cable with the FMS flight simulator program for only $24.99, but the movent controls are not the best. Which R/C simulator should I go for? Graphics are not an issue, I just want one that has very relistic movent controls for both airplanes and helis and that will go a long way to teaching to fly.

Newbie!

to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2002, 01:43 PM
columbus, oh, usa
Joined Jun 2001
426 Posts
fms

hello
im not sure what you are using to test the movement controls in FMS, but i use it a lot and with the newer version 7.0 and a serial connection it is very smooth. the older versions were bad about jitters, but i think the new version normalizes the controls or something so there is less jitter.
for the money i would take a closer look at FMS because its very cheap and the graphics are great. i assume you are just wanting to build up some hand-eye and stick time right? any of them will help with this its just a matter of how much you want to shell out.
buckeyes1997 is offline Find More Posts by buckeyes1997
Old Feb 15, 2002, 02:02 PM
AeroMicro
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Sep 2001
713 Posts
Hello adam jorgensen:

I used Realflight G2 sim and its physics is so real. It's a little bit pricy, but it save you a lot in the long run.
GoEFlight is offline Find More Posts by GoEFlight
Old Apr 02, 2002, 12:04 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2002
388 Posts
Check out the Dave Brown Flight simulator. Moderately priced very realistic physics engine for both helicopter and airplane. Comes with it's own Simstar control box.

Jason
JasonD is offline Find More Posts by JasonD
Old Apr 02, 2002, 01:11 PM
AeroMicro
Santa Clara, CA
Joined Sep 2001
713 Posts
You can also get the G2 Lite with USB InterLink for $129.99 now at

http://www.towerhobbies.com

GoEFlight is offline Find More Posts by GoEFlight