SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2004, 05:48 PM
Manchester Intl, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Aug 2004
12 Posts
Question
Thread Locker

Finally been let loose on my Zoom as it's my birthday (she's a hard woman my wife ) and I'm curious, on the expoded parts page it highlights a number of screws to use thread locking stuff on, am I expected to take the thing to bits to add this myself or has it already been done and is just highlighting it for info, sorry for what could be a daft question, but I don't think it's too clear.

Cheers,

Rowdy
rowdyates is offline Find More Posts by rowdyates
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2004, 06:17 PM
ianm
Hampshire UK
Joined May 2004
81 Posts
Hi Rowdy,

You should only have to use thread lock on screws marked if you have stripped it down and rebuilding after mods or a crash. Apart from fitting your electronics etc and setting up, the heli is factory built and marked screws should have been done there.
Obviously add locktight to any new parts added as needed and may I suggest you use the blue locktight (only a tiny amount needed) and not the red stuff as it locks so well it causes a problem if you need to undo those screws.

Ian
ianm is offline Find More Posts by ianm
Last edited by ianm; Oct 13, 2004 at 06:27 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 02:34 AM
Manchester Intl, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Aug 2004
12 Posts
Cheers Ian,

Must admit was getting a bit worried I would have to strip it down from day one.

Hmm the stuff I've got from the model shop is the red stuff, I'll try and get some other if that's going to be too strong.

Thanks,

Rowdy
rowdyates is offline Find More Posts by rowdyates