HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2004, 09:51 PM
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined May 2003
1,271 Posts
mousse can muffler sizing

Based on several reccomendations I think I am going to build a mousse can muffler for my TT .46 pro. Upon searching through the bathroom cabinet I discovered that my wife has way too many hair care products, of all different sizes. What is the best choice? Some are longer, some are wider, some wider and longer. Some even have cool tapered shapes What would work best for this engine?

Kristopher
rcsoar4fun is online now Find More Posts by rcsoar4fun
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:31 PM
Village Idiot
Rockport, Texas, United States
Joined Sep 2003
105 Posts
I use a Suave styling mousse can. ~ 1 1/2" diameter and 7" long. The tailpipe used is 1/4" ID brass tubing and it is 1" long. I try to size the tailpipe ID on the net opening of the carb.

I guess someday I'm going to have to complete the one I'm working on for a TT GP .15 and post some pictures as I build a pretty slick model. It uses an octane booster can. Yea, you learn to look for products in spun aluminum cans at just about every store you go into. I made one for a ST 3250 that used an BIG injector cleaner can...made it run like a bat outta hell!
Gene Chernosky is offline Find More Posts by Gene Chernosky
Old Oct 15, 2004, 08:34 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,476 Posts
Save yourself the trouble - go with the Tower Muffler. It will bolt right on......trust me...

MIke
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2004, 06:34 PM
Village Idiot
Rockport, Texas, United States
Joined Sep 2003
105 Posts
Hurry...Quick...Now Mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Save yourself the trouble - go with the Tower Muffler. It will bolt right on......trust me...

MIke
Yep, it will bolt right on and do better than the stock TT muffler...that is entirely true.

Some of us, not including yourself, like to 'tinker' with things as that also gives us an 'enjoyment factor' to this hobby. Making something from scratch is rewarding to us...especially when it works as well as a mousse can pipe.

BTW...I have had a Tower muffler on a TT PRO .46 and also used a mousse can pipe on the same engine. With the same fuel, glowplug and prop the mousse can pipe mustered up ~500 more RPM than the Tower muffler and the mousse can pipe is lighter and ran quieter.

Sorry, but my vote goes to the mousse can pipe on this one.
Gene Chernosky is offline Find More Posts by Gene Chernosky
Old Oct 16, 2004, 07:19 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,476 Posts
Quote:
Some of us, not including yourself, like to 'tinker' with things as that also gives us an 'enjoyment factor' to this hobby.
I'm sorry - when did we meet, and how do you know me, and what I like to do or not do?

I made mousse can mufflers for MVVS engines years ago. Guys at the club could not believe the power and instant throttle response.

I also know that for most sport fliers, this isn't something they want to do or need for that matter. I ran piped Rossi's and messed with the tuning of those. You certainly know how painful that can be.

Sorry to sound a little defensive, but you don't know me. I can make comments to users, just like you.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member