HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2004, 04:09 PM
Troms, Norway
Joined Jan 2004
7,098 Posts
E-Sky Honey Bee CP 3-in-1. How does it work exactly?

How does the E-Sky Honey Bee 2 CP 3-in-1 board work? Does it work the same way as the original Honey Bee 3-in-1 by just mixing tailpower with throttle input or is there some other CP-throttle mixing involved as well? How big is it? Does it work with 2S or just 3S? The shop indicated that it was made specifically for 3S and I need it to work with 2S. Is there a LED for battery status that's tuned for 3S perhaps?

Does anyone have a picture of one?

I tried to get one of the original 3-in-1 boards but the shop only has the new CP board in stock so I'm wondering if I can use that one with my little FP helis.
Lynxman is offline Find More Posts by Lynxman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2004, 04:52 PM
Blade Springs "Rock"
Central Coast, CA
Joined Apr 2004
2,141 Posts
You would think it would be the same, and the mixing for the ccpm is done in the transmitter and has nothing to do with the 3 in 1. Again I'm just adding my input, and don't have any facts to back it up.

G.
Geoffrey109 is offline Find More Posts by Geoffrey109
Old Oct 11, 2004, 05:13 PM
Troms, Norway
Joined Jan 2004
7,098 Posts
I just need to be sure before I decide to order.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 04:05 AM
Singapore
Joined Oct 2003
108 Posts
Yes the 3 in 1 of the CP is same as FP model. This board only takes care of the tail mixing and gyro. The CCPM is controlled by the TX of the CP. I was in HK last week and met with J-ken. I bought a CP without radio gear as I feel that it would be difficult to set up the throttle/pitch curve of CP with brushed set up. We can set governor mode with brushless setup which would help a lot to set up the pitch curve. The original radio spools up the throttle while increasing CP together. The problem is that the acceleration of the brushed motors and the CP lag in the servos don't co-ordinate very well and thus we get the sudden jerky movement that was discussed in another thread about E-Sky CP. In other words, the motor spools, then CP comes in , motors bogs, heli lifts suddenly, headspeed drops, thus causing poor jerky control.

The mixer/gyro can work to works up to 3S 20A, main rotor and tail. 2S will also work as it does not have cut off. so be careful. One good feature is the the gyro input is ignored when the throttle is shut. This means that the tail rotor will not spin up whilst you are walking around with the heli after you have armed the mixer!
ronang is offline Find More Posts by ronang
Last edited by ronang; Oct 12, 2004 at 04:10 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 04:37 AM
Troms, Norway
Joined Jan 2004
7,098 Posts
Thanks. I'll try one of those then.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 06:06 AM
http://www.j-team.com.hk
Hong Kong
Joined Aug 2004
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronang
Yes the 3 in 1 of the CP is same as FP model. This board only takes care of the tail mixing and gyro. The CCPM is controlled by the TX of the CP. I was in HK last week and met with J-ken.
Hi Ronnie,

Actually the 3-in-1 of CP and FP has some small differences:
1. CP have 4-in-1 only. you need to solder the wire out to change it to 3-in-1. The outlook are the same.
2. Heatsink is added inside the CP module. since the document spec stated it support 3S. But the FP spec does not mention about 3S in the manual. (practically, I used the FP 3-in-1 with 3S for a long time and there is no problem)
3. some more components are added need the gyro sensor. it seems to be some CAP / Resistors. Maybe the gyro fuction is a bit enhanced.

I think the FP 3-in-1 coming soon will be the same as the CP.

enjoy~
J-ken
J-ken is offline Find More Posts by J-ken