SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2004, 10:22 PM
Spead Eagle, WI (about 2 hours north of Green Bay)
Joined May 2004
786 Posts
Question
Digitrex digital camera for ap?

I everyone,
I am looking for a cheap, high resolution digital camera that I will feel comfortable flying in my SS. I have a Nikon coolpix 3700, but I am afraid of wrecking such a nice camera. I read alittle while ago something on the Digitrex 2 megapixel camera as a pretty good ap cam. Can anyone that has one post their experiences with it, and maybe some sample pics? Also, I have heard of a digitrex 3.2 megapixel, is this camera any good for ap? Where is the cheapest place to get these cameras (I heard officemax was at onetime selling the 2 meg for 40 dollars but now it is up to 90 dollars )
Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!
Dan
Picoflyer is offline Find More Posts by Picoflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2004, 01:51 AM
Seeker of Thermals
United States, MT, Kalispell
Joined Aug 2004
666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoflyer
I everyone,
I am looking for a cheap, high resolution digital camera that I will feel comfortable flying in my SS. I have a Nikon coolpix 3700, but I am afraid of wrecking such a nice camera. I read alittle while ago something on the Digitrex 2 megapixel camera as a pretty good ap cam. Can anyone that has one post their experiences with it, and maybe some sample pics? Also, I have heard of a digitrex 3.2 megapixel, is this camera any good for ap? Where is the cheapest place to get these cameras (I heard officemax was at onetime selling the 2 meg for 40 dollars but now it is up to 90 dollars )
Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!
Dan
I used a Digitrex 3000 (3MP) camera for my first attempts at AP. I got some decent shots. Being a CMOS imager camera, you need a lot of light, they aren't very good under cloudy conditions, or at dusk. Also, I got the major squigglies. (squiggly lines in many of the photos, when under power). I'm thinking it is due to the vibration of the camera. You can check out many of my pictures (and the video was done with the Digitrex) at my AP web site:
http://repeat.net/aerial
I then bought a Sony 2MP CCD imager camera. The results are much better than the Digitrex.

Are you interested in buying the Digitrex 3MP? email gd (at) reputable.com if you are.
botulism is offline Find More Posts by botulism
Old Dec 01, 2004, 12:17 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,130 Posts
OFFICE MAX has a 2 MP Digitex for $30.00. This is after $70.00 instant rebate. No waiting for savings only to have them say the UPC you photcopied and staples to rebate form mysteriously vanished between my house and there sweatshop.
Picked one up and will be rigging it to slow stick ASAP. Figured for $30.00 cheap way into AP.
JONBOYLEMON is offline Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON