HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2002, 04:45 PM
Dallas,TX
Joined Jul 2001
1,656 Posts
hobby people - great specials and great customer service

I've ordered from several of the mail order outfits and they all have some good deals from time to time but thought I'd brag on Hobby People.
I recently placed an internet order to take advantage of the great deal they had on the Mirage jet for $39.99. I also ordered some other stuff at the same time. Since I knew they had a price matching program, I assumed I could take advantage of that using the internet. Well, I learned they only price match over the phone so I figured I was out of luck but placed the order anyway.

Just for the heck of it, I emailed them to explain the item I wanted price matched, where it was cheaper and included the page number from the add. The very next day, they replied to my email saying the order had already been processed for shipping and the policy does not allow for price matching on internet orders BUT they credited the difference to my credit card anyway!

Those guys didn't have to do that but when companies go the extra mile for the customer, they earn loyalty.
mattk17 is offline Find More Posts by mattk17
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2002, 09:58 PM
Son of Jet Jockey
Redmond, WA (60 Acres Park Flyer)
Joined Apr 2000
79 Posts
Hobby People are great!

My .02

Wallowing in self-pity concerning my Wattage F22 motor burnups, I emailed Mike GreenShields to see if he had any advice.

Not only did he email me back right away, he offered an excellent solution!

Great Customer Service, Wattage/Hobby People!
Will Chapman is offline Find More Posts by Will Chapman