HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2004, 07:31 PM
Joined Sep 2004
163 Posts
My New GWS F4-U

Hey I picked up the Corsair today even though the only video I have seen showed a nasty tip stall. So I serched for along time and still no videos So If you have a Corsair video post it here plz. After the video I saw I doubt that I can land this thing lol. Well off to work on it I'll keep you posted with pics!
RcAroPlanes is offline Find More Posts by RcAroPlanes
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2004, 08:01 PM
Joined Sep 2004
163 Posts
A quick qustion, after installing the wing hold down nut,pushrod tubes and the tail wheel do you glue the fuse halfs together? The manual never says anything about glueing the fuse halfs in the whole book....????
Old Oct 05, 2004, 08:17 PM
Joined Jun 2004
264 Posts
the gws corsair is a very stable bird, its the p-51 that likes to tip stall. ck out the videos at www.e-flightline.com. landing is a piece of cake.just make sure your field has plenty of room, bring it in hot and flare slightly at the last second.
AirDevil is offline Find More Posts by AirDevil
Old Oct 05, 2004, 08:19 PM
Sebastopol, Ca
Joined Jun 2004
584 Posts
Yes you glue them. You will like your Corsair they fly great. If you do not think you can land it you could leave the landing gear off and belly land till you get a feel for the plane.
Dave K is online now Find More Posts by Dave K
Old Oct 05, 2004, 09:07 PM
Hernando,Mississippi, United States
Joined Apr 2003
735 Posts
With a Brushless motor and a 3s lilpoly it rocks.Don't worry, it's not prone to tip stalling at all, keep it light and leave that gear off!
Off course with all GWS WarBirds watch the C/G.
Don't expect good aerobics if flying stock motor, it likes "speed" for that.
Good Luck you'll love it.
George
xmech is offline Find More Posts by xmech
Old Oct 06, 2004, 05:41 PM
Joined Sep 2004
163 Posts
I got the tail section rudder, elv, tail wheel, done and the fuse is glued. I am started the wing, I am setting up for single servo. I think this is the hardest step did you guys bend the rod going from the servo to the alieron? I know I can't speel opps spell lol .
Old Oct 06, 2004, 05:49 PM
F4U Corsair
Kristiansand Kjevik, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
128 Posts
If you have a piece of wire (from speakers or other), pull out the metal and use the rubber (?) part of the wire (the covering) and use this for the aileron pushrods. Use this all the way inside instead of three small ones. The three small pieces recommended is very likely to get glue inside and become hard or impossible for the servo to move.

When you glue them use epoxy (5-15 min) and push down in the middle with a pencil or something and hold it until it`s dry.
PlagueWulf is offline Find More Posts by PlagueWulf
Last edited by PlagueWulf; Oct 06, 2004 at 05:51 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2004, 01:56 AM
Joined Sep 2004
163 Posts
I got it done tonight at 11:58pm..... I am going to fly her in the AM wish me luck pics to follow.
Old Oct 09, 2004, 07:50 AM
Madison WI
Joined Aug 2003
1,805 Posts
check out www.hobbyhorse.com/movies.shtml for a good GWS F4u Video
agriebel is offline Find More Posts by agriebel
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2004, 03:47 PM
Joined Sep 2004
163 Posts
Wow what a great bird!!!!!!!!! I had two flight and I got some video but will post it latter. This thing loops so tight I might cut out some elavator to make it scale. The rolls are slower than scale and they suck. I am only useing one servo for the wing I might change this to roll better. Some one told me that they have to land hot, mine floats good I almost blew off the park on my aproch. Keep an eye out for my video I hope to post it before tonight!!

thanks to all that helped me this fourm rules!
Old Oct 10, 2004, 01:08 AM
Bay Area
Joined Feb 2004
1,953 Posts
Congrats on your maiden!!

Seems to me if you build the Corsair right it flyies like a dream. My single aileron servo Corsair also does a slow roll. I just replaced the HS55 sub micro servo with a larger (and heavier) micro servo for more power to drive those binding ailerons and more throw. Unfortunately I'm using the receiver in my new Spitfire. So I'll have to buy another RX to fly the Corsair again.
RCDad is offline Find More Posts by RCDad