HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2002, 08:19 AM
Winona, MN USA
Joined Jan 2002
146 Posts
any good hobby shops in Minneapolis MN?

I'm going to Minneapolis and am wondering where the best shops for E-flight are. Anybody know of a good store?
snowman610620 is offline Find More Posts by snowman610620
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2002, 08:49 AM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,376 Posts
Several shops in MSP area; some better than others.

Are you looking fr something in particular? If yes, I might be able to tell your which one to go to if your want.

The MARCEE website ( http://www.marcee.org/ )has a list of MSP area shops.
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Feb 13, 2002, 03:55 PM
Winona, MN USA
Joined Jan 2002
146 Posts
I am looking for a shop that has some park flyers and some info on electric heli's.
Or just a good place to spend $$$
snowman610620 is offline Find More Posts by snowman610620
Old Feb 13, 2002, 04:20 PM
Simian Member
Minneapolis, USA
Joined Oct 2001
245 Posts
Hub Hobby is good and there are several other good hobby stores too. I'd just grab a phone book while you're here and look under hobbies. You'll have no trouble getting rid of those excess $$$.

I'm looking for some good electric flying fields north or west of Minneapolis. Close to 694/494 would be best. Ideally something where I could send a plane stupid-far without anyone getting upset. Any ideas?
HardLander is offline Find More Posts by HardLander
Old Feb 13, 2002, 04:26 PM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,376 Posts
National HC, H Warehouse, and both Hub HC locations have some Park Flyers and assorted motors, ESCs, cells/packs, etc.

Warehouse will have the best prices, Hub the wider selection, and National some great info. Can’t speak to the other shops as I’ve either never been to them or don’t remember them as having much.

Hub and Warehouse are only a few blocks apart in Richfield, National is to the North, and the other Hub is to the N.E.

I think I saw a Corona @ Warehouse and they’ve had Piccolo’s. The Hub nearby has Pic’s and ECO’s; the other Hub has Ikarus parts. National does glow helicopters quite well.

Richfield is where I’d spend my time if I were you.

North of 694 on Central Ave. (past National) is the National Sports Complex (Blaine) ist a great place to fly; though soccer has priority!
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Feb 13, 2002, 05:00 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,356 Posts
If I recall correctly the "Hub" used to be over at the "Hub" shopping center at 66th and Lyndale but moved to Penn Ave and about two blocks North of 66th on the left side as you drive North. I am told it has a good selection of electrics by my brother who still lives in Minnesota. Can't help with flying fields as the ones I used are long time housing developments. Mike Heer
Do they still have the Woodcraft Hobby store chain in the twin cities. I spent a lot of my money at their store on Lake St. on trains when I was a child.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
Last edited by Michael Heer; Feb 13, 2002 at 05:02 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2002, 09:20 PM
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jun 2001
223 Posts
Flying sites to the north

In Blaine there's a sod farm where a lot of the glider pilots and a few electric guys fly. It's Fricke Sod, on hwy 242, a mile east of hwy 65 (Central).

Another couple miles east in Lino Lakes is Robinson's Sod on 242 (fly on the south side of the road only!).

In both places the owners are cool with rc.

Bill in Minneapolis
wjjones is offline Find More Posts by wjjones