SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 14, 2010, 09:24 PM
Mayflower AR 24m WNW of Little Rock
Joined Mar 2007
231 Posts
Barry is OK by my book

I bought Supra #91 from him as well as replacement parts, servos, etc and found him easy to deal with,fast shipping. Sorry you had a bad experience with him, he is one busy dude.

Stan
Stan_in_AR is offline Find More Posts by Stan_in_AR
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2010, 09:51 AM
USA, IL, Naperville
Joined Feb 2003
857 Posts
I have dealt with Barry many times over the past few years. My hangar currently has 2 Supras, 2 Supra Pros, and a an Ava Pro. If I didn't already have plenty of planes, I'd buy another from him in a heartbeat.
John Walter is offline Find More Posts by John Walter
Old Aug 01, 2010, 04:28 PM
Pompano Hills Flyers
Miami
Joined Aug 2004
1,176 Posts
Never had a problem.

DJ
Dangerous James is offline Find More Posts by Dangerous James
Old Aug 04, 2010, 05:24 AM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,698 Posts
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Aug 07, 2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: steriods again,whew!
Old Aug 04, 2010, 11:34 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Barry Kennedy

Go away and leave the poor guy alone. Barry has never talked to anyone with the words your offering. With harsh words and this kind of treatment, I'm sure he won't miss your business. He has been super to me and every one I know. I'm sorry, but something of this whole story smells like a little black and white rabid animal.. . Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by registerwing View Post
I had a order for a photon that arrived about a month after it was order with a boom that was bent beyond use so I called Barry. It was at least a half dozen lies later before he agreed to send a replacement boom.
I had enough of his lies and a buddy on mine also had a photon and he thought he would order a boom for his because his had a split.

I joked and said that BARRY will likely ship him my bent boom after I returned it and at that point I put a little scribe inside the boom to mark it.

Finally after calling and calling I got his wife on the phone and she got on his A$$.

A few later I got the boom but he charged it to my account. [that is NOT M/C practise and he knew it.]

nearly 3 months after hitting the order button I have a glider ready to fly and guess WHO got a bent photon BOOM.

I have never heard so many lies from a dealer and at one point he even told me to kiss his a$$.

ALL his lower grade planes or the ones with slight flaws get shipped to Canada from what I can tell.The man will never see my money and I hope to run into him at a contest someday
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old Aug 04, 2010, 12:22 PM
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,698 Posts
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Aug 07, 2010 at 03:55 AM. Reason: steriods again,whew!
Old Aug 04, 2010, 12:24 PM
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,698 Posts
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Aug 07, 2010 at 03:56 AM. Reason: steriods again,whew!
Old Aug 05, 2010, 01:10 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,863 Posts
Although not always perfect, I have never ever had a problem with Barry at KC that could not be worked out between two Human Beings.

Bipedal Animals unknown.

Jared
jcstalls is offline Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2010, 03:33 PM
agony sweetns the victory
Any Flying Field Across America
Joined Jul 2005
3,513 Posts
I've ordered three or four planes, servos, and what-nots from Barry over the last two or three years, and I've always gotten what I paid for. True, sometimes you have to call him on the phone and remind him of your order, but the guy is doing his best trying to keep a business alive on what's probably a shoestring margin of very little profit. Look at it this way, where would we all be without Kennedy Composites, no Supras, no Avas, no Blasters, etc. etc. So I say, cut the guy a little slack. He's not dishonest, just busy keeping his head above water.
atjurhs is offline Find More Posts by atjurhs
Old Nov 18, 2010, 03:45 PM
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,698 Posts
yea well if he reads this he can kiss my ......... He knows of the deal.
I spent 30 bucks in LD calls listening to nothing but lies
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:02 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
His Plus's "FAR" out weigh his minus's with me. Brian Smith
there should not be any minus in the equation of bussiness
killer vtwin is offline Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Nov 08, 2011, 08:16 AM
AMA 15043
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Mar 2007
47 Posts
Never had a problem.

Lance Ropke
Lancer263 is offline Find More Posts by Lancer263
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:41 PM
Joined Nov 2008
3 Posts
I called and confirmed a red x-tail elf was in stock and would ship that same day. After ordering on web I waited for a confirmation email or tracking number. Shipping says priority on checkout, $30 by the way, so I'm thinking my elf will be here in three days max. A week goes by, with no emails or phone calls, so I called him. He said i should see the elf by the end of the week and it was coming Fed-Ex. Puzzled I hung up. Now another week goes by and I still haven't got the elf or any emails. Thats where I'm at with Kennedy Composites. How hard is it to print a shipping label and slap it on a box? First time customer and most likely last time customer. I think Barry knows he's the only game in town for most his planes and he acts like it.
MrNice is offline Find More Posts by MrNice
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:06 AM
Joined Jun 2004
10 Posts
Hello guys,
Mr Kennedy's grace has reached overseas. I am a fan of Vladimirs models living in Greece. I bought a Miles RES from Mr Kennedy two years ago which was delivered promptly after a couple of weeks. I buy my models from Hyperflight in the UK as I do not pay customs and delivery is very fast. I decided I needed a competition stab for my Supra last June which unfortunately was out of stock at Hyperflight. Of course when I saw at Kennedys that it was available I bought it and paid via Paypal. I am still waiting for it and it seems I will never get it as I was naive enough to allow the paypal dispute time to expire. I found out later that several other customers from Greece had the same experience with him. What drives me crazy is that the people at Kennedys won't even bother to answer my emails....To anyone who wants more evidence all my correspondence and paypal payment is available. FOR ME NEVER AGAIN.
nickhawk is offline Find More Posts by nickhawk
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:14 AM
Torrance, CA
Joined Oct 2004
39 Posts
Ordered a ballast kit for an Ava Pro on December 30th. Paid online, several emails and phone messages with no response. Looks like if I want a glider that is sold by Kennedy, I will have to wait for one to come up for sale on the RC Groups classified pages as I will not buy one direct.

In this economy, you have to take care of your customers if you want them to spend their hard earned money with you in the future.
Discusmb1 is offline Find More Posts by Discusmb1