SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2004, 12:15 PM
zed
Singapore
Joined Apr 2004
321 Posts
Where do I get the Stick?

I was wondering where can I buy the wooden "stick" gearbox mount that GWS planes come with. What kind of wood is that and can I get that elsewhere like Lowes or Home Depot? Thanks!

Zed
zed is offline Find More Posts by zed
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2004, 12:22 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zed
I was wondering where can I buy the wooden "stick" gearbox mount that GWS planes come with. What kind of wood is that and can I get that elsewhere like Lowes or Home Depot? Thanks!

Zed
Try Joann Fabrics, they have 10mm X 10mm hardwood sticks and perhaps other Craft/Hobby type of stores assuming you can't get to a modeling R/C Hobby Store.

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Oct 05, 2004, 12:28 PM
zed
Singapore
Joined Apr 2004
321 Posts
Thanks!
zed is offline Find More Posts by zed
Old Oct 05, 2004, 02:35 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
I was directed to 'Michael's Crafts' store after asking this same question here a few months back. Brought an empty gear box w/ me to test fit and found some stock that was just a hair looser than I had hoped for, but the suggestion that I received was to wrap a layer or two of masking tape around the stick to get a snug fit. Since I screw/bolt my gearboxes on anyway it worked just fine.

-uproar90
msmith is online now Find More Posts by msmith
Old Oct 05, 2004, 04:10 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uproar90
I was directed to 'Michael's Crafts' store after asking this same question here a few months back. Brought an empty gear box w/ me to test fit and found some stock that was just a hair looser than I had hoped for, but the suggestion that I received was to wrap a layer or two of masking tape around the stick to get a snug fit. Since I screw/bolt my gearboxes on anyway it worked just fine.

-uproar90
Bingo! I was wondering if anyone out there had the same experience with this. Perhaps it is not 10mm X 10mm and something less in dimensions here in the USA.

Of course applying tape beats buying the hardwood from GWS at a considerable $$$.

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Oct 05, 2004, 05:59 PM
Use whatcha got!
Metairie, LA
Joined Sep 2000
2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
...Of course applying tape beats buying the hardwood from GWS at a considerable $$$.

Carlos
I agree... Especially since that tape will be hidden by the GB anyway... It seemed like the cheapest / best method...

-uproar90
msmith is online now Find More Posts by msmith