HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2004, 02:19 PM
United Kingdom, Wales, Quarter Bach
Joined Oct 2004
6 Posts
Bungee hook for Wattage Mig?

I've just built and flown my first EDF - the Wattage Mig 15 - and am completely hooked. Everything is straight out of the box (including the motor) and it flies really well. Maybe it's not as fast as it could be, and the elevator is a bit soft but I'm well pleased with it.
At the moment I'm handlaunching it off of a hill but I would like to fly it over level ground. Has anyone ever bungeed one of these things? Where and how did you fix the hook on the plane?
Also, if I put a brushless motor in it, would I see much of an increase in the speed? Would it fly for longer?
Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
wonderdog_uk is offline Find More Posts by wonderdog_uk
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2004, 05:44 PM
Irvine, CA
Joined Apr 2003
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderdog_uk
I've just built and flown my first EDF - the Wattage Mig 15 - and am completely hooked. Everything is straight out of the box (including the motor) and it flies really well. Maybe it's not as fast as it could be, and the elevator is a bit soft but I'm well pleased with it.
At the moment I'm handlaunching it off of a hill but I would like to fly it over level ground. Has anyone ever bungeed one of these things? Where and how did you fix the hook on the plane?
Also, if I put a brushless motor in it, would I see much of an increase in the speed? Would it fly for longer?
Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I flew mine (until I crashed it... which was on the 5th flight ) on a BL setup (Mega 16/15/3). I did not use the stock fan. Instead, I used the VASA 65 CF fan blades. Performance was very good. I don't know how fast the stock setup is, but the Mega BL setup was good for around 60 mph-ish. Maybe a bit more. I think someone mentioned they clocked theirs at 68mph with the same motor, however, the fan blade used may have been different (cut down kyosho blade??). Battery source is the 10-cell GP 1100's. I was handlaunching mine without problems on level ground. With the BL setup, it took off pretty well so long as you gave it a decent toss. No need for bungee.

hk
hyperknight is offline Find More Posts by hyperknight
Old Oct 03, 2004, 06:40 PM
Joined Oct 2004
6 Posts
Thanks for that. I reckon I'll get a brushless motor, but what does 16/15/3 represent? Maybe you could do me a favour and take a look here -http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...ric-motors.htm - and see which is the most suitable. And check out the prices! Remember that's pounds, not dollars
Old Oct 03, 2004, 07:08 PM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
This is what it means

http://www.dynamoelectrics.com/detail.aspx?ID=660

Mega Motors 16/15/3 Brushless motor are from Eastern Europe so someone must import them to the UK, or you can use a typhoon Brushless of simular size and KV which I beleive you can buy localy. also check out www.rcelectricflight.com AKA Green Air Designs also based in the UK for great planes to build and fly!

Welcome to the E-zone!!!!
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Last edited by RCParkflyer; Oct 03, 2004 at 07:17 PM.
Old Oct 04, 2004, 12:01 AM
"Walk of shame" Master!!!
West Chicago Il
Joined Jul 2004
538 Posts
Take a look at this!

http://meteor.rchomepage.com/mig-15-jul04.wmv

Here's the results of a Wattage Mig-15 combined with a Mega 16/7/7 and a 10-cell pack of Cheap Battery Packs' 650mAh 2/3AA cells. (same as KAN 650's)

here's the link, just incase you want t read this thread!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...shless+wattage

NoM'r................
NoM'rcrashPlease is offline Find More Posts by NoM'rcrashPlease
Old Oct 04, 2004, 12:47 PM
Joined Oct 2004
6 Posts
Wow.

That's pretty impressive.