HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2004, 12:13 PM
Cal
San Gabriel, California
Joined Aug 2004
1,583 Posts
Slow-V Problem..........HELP !!!!

Got a new problem. I was out flying this morning and notice that I was getting glitches........The engine would momentarily shut off and the servos would twitch at the same time every once in awhile. So I took the plane home, put in a batt, turned on the xmitter, left the antenna collapsed, and walked out about 20 paces ...........Here's what happened. The moter would start and the servos's would start moving at 20 paces. This would happen for a few seconds and then stop and then start again. When I closed the gap to 10 paces, everything was ok.

So. I got a problem............either with the xmitter or the receiver. How would I trouble shoot to find out which one is giving me the problem ????
Cal is offline Find More Posts by Cal
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2004, 12:30 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
You tried ne batteries in the Transmitter???????
Rat is offline Find More Posts by Rat
Old Oct 03, 2004, 12:35 PM
Cal
San Gabriel, California
Joined Aug 2004
1,583 Posts
Not yet............Good idea......Will try that right now..............Get back to ya in a few......
Old Oct 03, 2004, 12:49 PM
Cal
San Gabriel, California
Joined Aug 2004
1,583 Posts
New batts helped out a lot. Still glitched once, but not nearly as bad as before. I guess that warning buzzer doesn't warn soon enough.............

Rat, how many hours do you typically get out of a set of batts ?
Old Oct 03, 2004, 01:13 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
I have had to replace mine twice so far. To tell you the truth though, I have never heard the warnign beeper go off in mine. It would start to act up a bit and I wuld swap in new batteries asap. I keep two 16 packs in my field box at all times. Never know when I might need them or someone else. Yes I have a problem. I tend to carry spare stuff for other people also. I do not care if they are strangers or not. If they need it and I have it then it is theirs. Never take a dime for anything I have offered to help people in a bind out either. Funny thing is that now they call me when it is time to go out flying or just to go out and chat. Heck just yesterday I pulled over and helped an older gentleman change a blown tire on his car. He was in nicer clothes on his way to town with the wife. I do not care who it is, if they are in trouble and I have the ability to help out then I do so.
Old Oct 03, 2004, 01:15 PM
Got H2? Fuel Cell R/C Car
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Joined Mar 2004
2,476 Posts
you are good man rat!!!
Keith43221 is offline Find More Posts by Keith43221
Old Oct 03, 2004, 07:36 PM
just another $$$ hobby
Rustburg, Virginia, United States
Joined Aug 2004
1,033 Posts
Hope all works out for you Cal.
radcast2 is offline Find More Posts by radcast2
Old Oct 03, 2004, 08:08 PM
Cal
San Gabriel, California
Joined Aug 2004
1,583 Posts
Thanks, Rad.....Put new batts in the xmitter.........Not glitching nearly as bad. Will take her up tomorrow and check it out.........
Old Oct 03, 2004, 08:43 PM
just another $$$ hobby
Joined Aug 2004
1,033 Posts
WOW..I didnt put this into my first reply so here you go.....
LHS called yesterday he got me fuselage..his distributor got a hold of one and told him that since we had such trouble she was sending one that had everything on it...servos, motor, receiver. Only bad thing is the receiver is set at ch5 and mine is set at ch1..he said we will just take my receiver off mine and put it on the new one and exchange the Xmitter as well...He is giving me the motor with it as a good will gesture. SOOOO..do I attempt flying her or sell it?????????LOL
Old Oct 03, 2004, 09:05 PM
Rat
Come get me if you can
Rats nest Grafton ND
Joined Aug 2004
2,249 Posts
Sell it cheap. I know of a good home for a spare Slo V. It is located in a little town in North Eastern North Dakota call Grafton.
Old Oct 03, 2004, 09:13 PM
just another $$$ hobby
Joined Aug 2004
1,033 Posts
Well I SHALL keep you in mind.
Old Oct 04, 2004, 12:58 AM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
Cal:

Just a thought:

Can you buy a battery holder for AA's (?) at Radio Shack and put 2000mah Nimh's in there? I know some TX battery compartments will take the holders, and some don't fit....

Also, did you check the RX antenna for breaks or a bad connection?

daveWCO
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Old Oct 04, 2004, 01:16 AM
San Francisco
Joined Apr 2004
950 Posts
Hi Cal:

>>How would I trouble shoot to find out which one is giving me the problem ????

How about this: Is it convenient for you to repeat the range check using your plane and a different Tx, and/or using your Tx with a different plane? That could narrow down which one has a problem.

Grant
gadzby is offline Find More Posts by gadzby
Old Oct 04, 2004, 08:19 AM
WAA pilot #21
Princeton NJ
Joined Dec 2003
3,166 Posts
I crashed my .40 trainer (again) this summer because BOTH the transmitter AND receiver batteries were dead! Im truly embarrassed to admit it, but the thought of your plane doing a 150' vertical plummet might prevent future incedents. You have been warned.

PS: this rebuild went relatively quickly. 1 1/2 months and its almost ready.
Vanning is offline Find More Posts by Vanning