Duane
Minimole is offline Find More Posts by Minimole
Old Nov 07, 2004, 07:17 PM
Why not Delta?
Sacramento, CA
Joined Jun 2003
1,714 Posts
Flying time.

Because of the increased weight (664 g) the flying time dropped by 3 minutes. Before battery goes down to 10.4V (at charging start) and heli looses power I enjoy 13 minutes of relaxing flying (scale) around my backyard. Good thing is that I from the point when I hear the rpm drop to the point when I must land I have about 60 seconds. I never got low voltage cut off. This motor is awesome.

Now it's time to check my tail gears (I do this every 30 minutes taking pictures for the record).

I still can't understand my HLG 200 - it's drifting left like crazy - I need to keep right my finger on the rudder all the time. I'm about to dump it replacing with something more reliable. I hate it

Forgive me another pictures - just enjoy them as I do

1. Comming for landing - gear is down, lights are on
2. Now I need to find a right spot with low grass.
3. Another flight finished succesfully.

RysiuM
rysium is offline Find More Posts by rysium
Old Nov 07, 2004, 08:26 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,188 Posts
Quote:
I still can't understand my HLG 200 - it's drifting left like crazy - I need to keep right my finger on the rudder all the time.
If it is adjusted correctly for HH mode, it should take 15 seconds or more to move from near center to a full extreme endpoint while static on the workbench. Just use your Tx's subtrim mix and find the best setting that provides the longest creep period. Temperature changes will affect your setting, so check before each flying session.

Gyros like the Futaba GY401 do this sort of R/C signal centering calibration whenever it is powered up. So, if you want it eliminate the extra step then seek out a modern Futaba HH gyro.

RC-CAM
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM
Old Nov 07, 2004, 08:53 PM
Rocket Surgeon
Sugar Land, TX
Joined Oct 2004
480 Posts
That 2nd picture looks so real.
intermision is offline Find More Posts by intermision