SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:38 AM
Alsace, France
Joined Sep 2007
148 Posts
Hello to all

I'm back after a long illness. I take my building Calypso. I am glad there are magnificent achievements.

I'm really pleased to meet you

Jmarc
Calypso France is offline Find More Posts by Calypso France
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:26 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
This thread is nearly eight years old---?
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:13 AM
Alsace, France
Joined Sep 2007
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
This thread is nearly eight years old---?
Hello kapitan

Yes I think really
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:22 AM
Just my inner child
Canada, ON, Kitchener
Joined Jul 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik09 View Post
Hi jeka sorry that I not responded to your recuest earlyer, but my computer has crashed. I am working with the weelhouse for this moment, but something is wrong whit the model, whether it is billing boats drawing or if I have built the wrong I do not know
Hi Patrik,
I just finished my Calypso this year and would be happy to share details with you or answer any questions you may have
Rick
Rick Nicholson is offline Find More Posts by Rick Nicholson
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:37 AM
Harwich Essex Great Britain
Joined Jan 2007
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso France View Post
I'm back after a long illness. I take my building Calypso. I am glad there are magnificent achievements.

I'm really pleased to meet you

Jmarc
Hi Jmarc, glad to see you are back & well. I Finished my second Calypso a long time ago now, but still pop in here to see how the others are progressing. I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of your build soon. All the best Dan.
dan.lord is offline Find More Posts by dan.lord
Old Sep 02, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sweden
Joined Mar 2009
89 Posts
Hi Rick
Glad to see you back.The problem I have is that I can not get a correct space between the roof and the wall. I think the billing boats weelhouse has a wrong shape, so now I am considering building a completely new part.
patrik09 is offline Find More Posts by patrik09
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:48 PM
Just my inner child
Canada, ON, Kitchener
Joined Jul 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Hi Rick
Glad to see you back.The problem I have is that I can not get a correct space between the roof and the wall. I think the billing boats weelhouse has a wrong shape, so now I am considering building a completely new part.
Which wall? & what part of the roof, can you show me a picture of the model and indicate exactly where?
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:07 PM
Sweden
Joined Mar 2009
89 Posts
Sorry that I did not explain the problem better, but I think my roof is wrong. When I was studying some photos of the bridge, i discover a chair on starboard side but not on the port side.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:02 PM
Just my inner child
Canada, ON, Kitchener
Joined Jul 2012
123 Posts
Quote:
Sorry that I did not explain the problem better, but I think my roof is wrong. When I was studying some photos of the bridge, i discover a chair on starboard side but not on the port side.
I think the answer is -when building a model some parts of the real one are left out for clarity, other details are also left to the imagination of the model builder, you can choose to put as many details or as little as you want to, I never noticed the chair, perhaps at the time of the drawing production these mods weren't on the original plans, that's why Billings left it out, also some modelers chose to build/construct or finish the inside of the ship, others don't, it all depends on how detailed you want yours tone, since this is your first model, if I may suggest you follow the plans and try not to complicate the boat too much.let me know if I answered your question???
As for the over hang on the roof that you circled ,all those parts are precut,( walls, floors, roof), i also added a piece of plastruc plastic to the edge to form a more realistic approach, I believe they show that in the exploded view of the wheel house.
Last edited by Rick Nicholson; Sep 03, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:09 AM
Sweden
Joined Mar 2009
89 Posts
Hi Rick
Thanks for your answers and advice. I think it may be the answer to the question.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:40 AM
Alsace, France
Joined Sep 2007
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.lord View Post
Hi Jmarc, glad to see you are back & well. I Finished my second Calypso a long time ago now, but still pop in here to see how the others are progressing. I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of your build soon. All the best Dan.
Hello Dan,

Thanks for your response! Can you send me pictures of your second Calypso?
Al the best
Jmarc
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:10 PM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
I see Patrik and Jeka are still at it. It has been almost a year since I have worked on my Calypso. I am about 90% finished. I had to take a break from the intense building of it .Maybe I`ll start into it again soon for the last leg. I will post some pics later tonight for you to see where I`m at. Long Live Cousteau!!.
Willj is offline Find More Posts by Willj
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:46 AM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
Here are the pics I promised.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:34 PM
Edmonds, Wa.
Joined Mar 2007
109 Posts
Willj,
Your build is very detailed and meticulous and a beauty for all to see. This build log has been fantastic and certainly helped me with my model of the Calypso. The build log for my model is on our club website and can be downloaded from our club website, www.shipmodelers.com.
Dr. Ron is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Ron
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:53 PM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
349 Posts
You have certainly made a very beautifull model Dr. Ron. You have a modelers skills. Perhaps you`re a surgeon. I will check out your build on your link. Itense build, Isn`t it.