HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2004, 10:39 AM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
First pictures from my Slow Stick

My Slow Stick came in Thursday, and I had it in the air yesterday evening. I got the one with an EPS400-C from Tower Hobbies. It came with a "D" ratio gearbox and 10x6 propeller. I'm using (for now) an 8-cell 600AE NiCd pack. I get around 8-10 minutes of power-on time, and can get a pretty good climb from it. I plan on getting some 1050KANs soon, or something else, if there is any better NiCd or NiMH packs. No lithium at the moment. Anyway, here are a few pictures I got on the 2nd and 3rd flights of the plane. What do you all think? (they were touched up with Pain Shop Pro)
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2004, 11:04 AM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
not bad at all. god work!!

Which camera is that??

ash
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Oct 02, 2004, 11:56 AM
Did You Hear That?
Tucson, Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
2,152 Posts
Great stuff... Have you got fish in that stream?...
wattnoise is offline Find More Posts by wattnoise
Old Oct 02, 2004, 12:12 PM
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
ashdec87, it's the same Aiptek Mini Mega Pencam that I used on my 2M glider last year. I installed a switch form Mr.RC-CAM in it, and it has served me very well. I need to tewak the focus a bit though I think, I seem to remember better pictures than that from it before.

wattnoise, there are lots of fish in there. It's Bayou DeGlaise. There are perch, catfish, bass, and a few gar.

Thanks for the comments!
Keith
Old Oct 02, 2004, 12:53 PM
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
Here is a better view of that bayou, I wasn't going to post it, as the original was pretty bad off, caught the sun just wrong. Anyway, a little creative editing took care of that... lol (see small original, it's just resized)
Last edited by KeithLuneau; Oct 02, 2004 at 12:55 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2004, 08:15 AM
Naperville, IL
Joined Jan 2001
470 Posts
Keith,

Good to see you back in this forum. Looking forward to more pictures!

Lew
L Jenkins is offline Find More Posts by L Jenkins
Old Oct 03, 2004, 08:24 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Keith, could you post a picture of your plane and camera setup? Thanks.

Pat
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Oct 03, 2004, 09:10 PM
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
Pat, I would, but the Aiptek is my only camera. It's just your typical Slowstick, all stock except for epoxy in place of the GWS glue, and I also epoxied the fiberglass rods on, and used packing tape on top of them. I don't even have a proper camera mount as of yet, I'm using a block of foam rubber on the back of the camera, and rubber bands to hold it on. I'm going to make me a better mount soon, I just need ideas before I can get started... lol

Lew, thanks, it's good to be back. I'll be posting some more as I get them. I took a few today as well, just need to edit them.

Keith
Old Oct 03, 2004, 09:35 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Thanks for that info Keith, although you could just take a self-portrait in front of a mirror! Just kidding, thanks for the description. Nice pictures too!

Pat
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Oct 03, 2004, 10:01 PM
pfm
Patrick Mahoney
Fort Collins, CO
Joined Sep 2002
1,070 Posts
Great pictures. That sunset is really nice.

So what are your thoughts on the SS for AP? You were on a 2M glider before? Is the SS better? worse? or just different?
pfm is offline Find More Posts by pfm
Old Oct 03, 2004, 10:20 PM
Joined Jan 2002
4,359 Posts
Well, if I had to say, I'd say the SS is better for all around stuff. The only thing it can't do as good as the motor-glider is handle the wind. I flew today in some wind, and it actually flew pretty good, it just couldn't get up enough speed to make any headway. Overall, if I could only have one AP plane, I'd pick the SS, it's alot easier to get around, and can get into and out of smaller areas. I'm pleased with it.