HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:04 PM
Sweden
Joined Jun 2002
159 Posts
Yippee!
Turn Left Simprop, Got it today.

Hi there

After a long time of waiting I finally got my Turn Left today. wow !
I really like it, it is beautifull, a piece of art ! One of the nicest modells I have ever seen. High quality on everything but the guy who covered the wing did not know what he was doing. Very well exept that he /she has cut the cover very badly on the underside of the wing, I am not satisfied with that so I will varm it up and see if I can cut it closer to the edge.

I´ll post some pictures later today and also the weight on the pieces.

I´ll first try with the Plettenberg Mosqito P 4 and etec 1200 HP, 3s2p.
I have that setup in my Easy star, goes like a rocket. If that´s not fast enaught I will put a B 40 Hacker inside.

/Stefan

This is the only thing thats not perfekt with this plane, a not so nice covering on the edges.
Stefan.s is offline Find More Posts by Stefan.s
Last edited by Stefan.s; Sep 29, 2004 at 01:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2004, 01:22 PM
Sweden
Joined Jun 2002
159 Posts
Some pictures

Turn left.

Stefan
Old Sep 29, 2004, 01:37 PM
London, England
Joined May 2003
1,598 Posts
Nice! I believe the wing is the same as the XXS which I have, it flies very well.
I got my kit ARTC so I took my time and did a thorough, neat job with some full weight covering. Beneath that bad factory covering is a lovely pressure moulded obechi over foam wing which is surprisingly strong, considering it doesn't have a spar.
thermite is offline Find More Posts by thermite
Old Sep 29, 2004, 02:25 PM
Sweden
Joined Jun 2002
159 Posts
XXS, I have not seen that plane? And You did the right thing to bye ARTC, then You can cover it perfect. I was also surpriced that no spar was in the wing, perhaps it is strong enaught as it is.
Othervice it is a very well made plane, Simprop is qualité.

Is Your XXS fast ?

Stefan
Old Sep 29, 2004, 02:56 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan.s
I was also surpriced that no spar was in the wing, perhaps it is strong enaught as it is.

Is Your XXS fast ?

Stefan
The wing is a strenghtened version of the XXS wing afaik. Wing incidence is also different.
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Sep 29, 2004, 03:03 PM
Sweden
Joined Jun 2002
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimH
The wing is a strenghtened version of the XXS wing afaik. Wing incidence is also different.
Thanks, thats good to know.

Stefan
Old Sep 30, 2004, 12:02 AM
Singapore
Joined Jul 2003
643 Posts
Stefan,

What do you intend to power the bugger with?
Vic Peh is offline Find More Posts by Vic Peh
Old Sep 30, 2004, 01:44 AM
London, England
Joined May 2003
1,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan.s
XXS, I have not seen that plane? And You did the right thing to bye ARTC, then You can cover it perfect. I was also surpriced that no spar was in the wing, perhaps it is strong enaught as it is.

Is Your XXS fast ?

Stefan

My XXS is fast enough for me, as I'm not really a regular flyer. I've got mine geared with a large prop like a sailplane and I climb and soar or dive and make fast passes, loops and rolls etc, for some fun If you'll have yours set up direct drive with a lot of power, I'm sure you'll have a great time with it! I certainly like my model!
I wasn't aware that the wing was stronger, my mistake.
Apparently the wings are weakest near the servo cut outs and I've seen one used in Germany as a pylon ship and the wing folded right there. After having built a DLG recently using a lot of carbon ribbon, I've realised how amazing this stuff is. It may be worth putting some of this across the cut outs after installing your servos, this will really strengthen things up!
Old Sep 30, 2004, 03:39 AM
Paderborn, Germany
Joined Oct 2003
25 Posts
hi all,
the wing is strengthend around the servo cut outs. It has some plywood under the obechi.
AFAIK it also has a little spar. My TL wing is much stiffer than the XXS Wing of my "Lift'o'Presso".
What I really love about the kit is that the firewall (i hope that's the right word for the "thing" where you put the motor on) is already build in.

I hope to finish my TL tonight and use it at the competition on saturday and sunday

Peter
phansen is offline Find More Posts by phansen
Old Sep 30, 2004, 05:01 AM
I plan to take over world
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jul 2002
1,593 Posts
Hi,
phansen and others, what brushless motor you think would be suitable for TurnLeft. I mean for brushless limited pylon class. It should be low cost and good quality like Mega. I believe TL can handle more power than LOxxs but how much. Could Mega 16/15/? be suitable? With same battery rule what wind would spin the same prop? You flying limited class in Germany- do you think that the speed is right and enough to be fun and not too fast for beginers?
Thanks,
/Antti
sayno2glo is offline Find More Posts by sayno2glo
Old Sep 30, 2004, 05:25 AM
London, England
Joined May 2003
1,598 Posts
Well, that wing should be great then! It is a nice adition that that FG, sturdy looking firewall is already installed. I managed to do mine easy enough but it will save you lots of time, provided they've installed the firewall absolutely perfectly central, I wouldn't be happy if it wasn't. Let us know how it all turns out!

Therm
Old Sep 30, 2004, 05:29 AM
London, England
Joined May 2003
1,598 Posts
I've got a Model Motors Mini AC 1215/16 in my xxs on a 6:1 planetary box, swinging a 13x7 prop, this is a nice light setup with about 1:1 thrust to weight ratio on 8 KANS but with 3s2p Li-po's, it's... refreshing!
These motors and their controllers are good value. You might want to try the Mini AC extreme, they're more expensive but very hot motors for their size. I don't really have any experience with other brushless setups so I can't really comment on anything else.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 09:45 AM
Singapore
Joined Jul 2003
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayno2glo
Hi,
phansen and others, what brushless motor you think would be suitable for TurnLeft. I mean for brushless limited pylon class. It should be low cost and good quality like Mega. I believe TL can handle more power than LOxxs but how much. Could Mega 16/15/? be suitable? With same battery rule what wind would spin the same prop? You flying limited class in Germany- do you think that the speed is right and enough to be fun and not too fast for beginers?
Thanks,
/Antti
I reckon a 16/15/3 and 3s lipo will give good power and long flight time...
Vic Peh is offline Find More Posts by Vic Peh