SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2004, 07:26 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
19 Posts
RC Jet videos

For those of you who are on broadband nets - some videos of my new Spiderjets F-16/Simjet 3000 can be found on the www.spiderjets.be website!

Being a new member here, I don't know if you may have seen any of them before, but they are all made for your pleasure, and feedback is welcome!

Greetings from Norway,

Tor
icepilot is offline Find More Posts by icepilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2004, 07:30 PM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
F16

Hi Tor, very cool video... very good camera work also eh! not to mention the great flying to bring that F16 in on such a small strip..... mind you Iam pretty lucky being able to fly my jets from a local full size airstrip, certainly makes landings a bit less stressful

I see you are from Oslo, I remember in my younger days backpacking through Europe and Norway, in particular the train journey from Oslo and down into the fjords around Florm (spelling?) and then onto Bergen by ferry... what a trip!!!! Norway is certainly a land of awesome scenery my friend.
Gudmund Malones is an interesting fellow eh! have you seen that video of him flying his Avonds F-16 off of the frozen lake in Norway too!!!

Cheers-
Marty C. is offline Find More Posts by Marty C.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 02:10 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
19 Posts
Hi Marty!

Gudmund is a great guy, and a fantastic builder! However, his radio equipment hasn't been quite up to date - take a look at www.Famo.no/Filer/Avart - you'll find a video called F-16 with a serious.... (glitch!) Also, there is a video of his F-16 landing and deploying a brake chute! I enclose a couple of pictures of his F-16 - have a look at the details!!

You have never seen anything closer to a severe crash than this!!!

Yes, Norway is a beautiful place - but the winter time is for the specially interested - I would love to live somewhere where I could wear shorts and fly off bare ground the year around... Flying off the ice is a coooooold experience!

Greetings, Tor
Last edited by icepilot; Sep 29, 2004 at 02:13 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 11:59 AM
An Aussie in Canada
Belleville, Ontario.
Joined Sep 2003
545 Posts
F-16 with a 'Glitch'

'Holly Crap' are the only words that spring to mind after watching that F-16 glitch vid. I just about soiled my undies watching the vid!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Gudmund must have needed a stiff drink or three? after that flight,
Great save by the way.... I bet Gudmund must still have the elevator stick imprint impression on his thumb
Marty C. is offline Find More Posts by Marty C.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:29 PM
KAK
Joined Jul 2004
44 Posts
About Norway.... I must say it is okay, but that is only beacause it isn't Sweden....

Regards from a Dane
KAK is offline Find More Posts by KAK
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:38 PM
Lubbock Texas
Joined Nov 2002
459 Posts
Hi Tor
Geart videos

And a big HOWDY from Texas

Lee
elp914 is offline Find More Posts by elp914
Old Sep 30, 2004, 04:13 PM
Joined Oct 2003
46 Posts
Dear Tor
I thought our Lightning looked good, but your F16 is fantastic.
Regards Phil Goff.
nmacwarbirds is offline Find More Posts by nmacwarbirds
Old Oct 02, 2004, 10:05 PM
Junk pile raider
Fremont, Cal
Joined Mar 2004
161 Posts
Are those AIM-9's on the wing? That is some frick'n good detailing you got there...
krash is offline Find More Posts by krash
Old Oct 03, 2004, 03:07 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash
Are those AIM-9's on the wing? That is some frick'n good detailing you got there...
Just to make it quite clear - the F-16 on the pictures belongs to - and was built by - my jet friend Gudmund Malones, who is a fantastic builder! The videos, however, are mainly of my plane, except for the one with the brake chute - and the one with the VERY near crash. That is in fact Gudmunds plane having a 25 G recovery 6 feet off the ground!!

Tor
Old Oct 03, 2004, 09:17 AM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,593 Posts
Welcome Tor.

I've been watching your nice videos on rcu.

"icepilot" describes you perfectly
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Oct 03, 2004, 09:40 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
19 Posts
Thank you, Gregg!
Although I would rather be flying in California - the laidback style of San Diego suits me perfectly!! I'll try to catch a jet meet or look up some of you guys next time I'm there!
Old Oct 03, 2004, 10:18 AM
Noob!
Norristown, PA
Joined Aug 2004
272 Posts
Icepilot,
Next time you see your friend, tell him I am in awe of his workmanship. If that was taken on a flight line, it would be very difficult to tell from a real airplane. The work is in the category of 'art.'

Nice save on his video. Guess he ought to consider some new radios, huh?

Gary
GaryMC1 is offline Find More Posts by GaryMC1