HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2004, 02:01 AM
Malaysia
Joined Jun 2001
1,009 Posts
How and what is best way of reverse aileron diff on Fut 9c?

Hi all

As we tend to land e glider with flaperon(actually spoileron since both aileron pop up), how and what is your setup of having aileron differential with Futaba 9C?

What I meant is that with airbrake mode on(both aileron up), when you need to turn, the aileron will move down more than up, as this is more effective since the pop up aileron prolly ran out of travel and also air effectiveness.

Obviously in normal flight mode without airbrake, your aileron is having normal differential ie more up travel vs down travel.

Any idea?
Magna is offline Find More Posts by Magna
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2004, 03:40 AM
We come in peace.
Canada, BC, Penticton
Joined Feb 2003
1,760 Posts
You could probably use the dual rate function and set your travels there.
You would have one rate for normal flying and the other rate for landing mode.

Ron.
Synth is offline Find More Posts by Synth
Old Sep 28, 2004, 07:34 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I use custom mixes on my 8U, as I have plenty of them, but I never thought of reversing the d/r settings with spoilerons enabled.
That said, I have mine set so I have positive movement at up to 50% spoiler application, then they flip to reverse above that (triggered by throtte/spoiler stick movement)..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 28, 2004, 08:45 AM
Toy Flyer
Flying Field, Work Bench
Joined Mar 2004
589 Posts
I would not be concerned about your situation, as a lot of pylon racers fly with only one aileron. For precise control you'll want both ailerons to be functional, but when using spoilerons; your main goal is to just maintain a level wing heading (you should be flying straignt and level prior to engageing spoilerons).
glover is offline Find More Posts by glover
Old Sep 28, 2004, 11:09 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
You still need aileron control to keep the model straight and level!
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W