SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 26, 2004, 08:21 PM
colorado
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
itc bladerunner

This thread is about the new Bladerunner based on Petter's famous proxflyer which is now distributed by ITC.This thread also includes how to modifie it and overall likes and dislikes.

Here is a link some may find interesting
http://theclassroom.50megs.com/Blade...nformation.pdf
codyp is offline Find More Posts by codyp
Last edited by codyp; Oct 20, 2004 at 06:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2004, 08:43 PM
Got Micro?
Mount Holly Burlington, New Jersey (excl EWR), United States
Joined Mar 2004
196 Posts
radioshack will have it soon for 100 bucks - http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/cate...raft&pagenum=1 I wanna buy it too.
aeropete is offline Find More Posts by aeropete
Old Sep 26, 2004, 08:58 PM
mudville
Joined Nov 2002
954 Posts
kbtoys.com showed them in stock at 69.99 usdollars
shoutchen is offline Find More Posts by shoutchen
Old Sep 26, 2004, 09:00 PM
colorado
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
wow and I thought I was the cool one knowing about it when others dont oh well thats life
Old Sep 26, 2004, 09:03 PM
mudville
Joined Nov 2002
954 Posts
http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm...Nstock/Y/D/709

is the link i think
shoutchen is offline Find More Posts by shoutchen
Old Sep 26, 2004, 09:06 PM
Frequent Poster
South of Boston
Joined Mar 2004
846 Posts
aw man!!! if we get them at the store, which I work at, i'll get 30% off!!!!
Pete P. is offline Find More Posts by Pete P.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 09:15 PM
colorado
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
what do you mean? is it possible I can get 30% of because I will lay down the money right now
Old Sep 26, 2004, 09:33 PM
Got Micro?
Mount Holly Burlington, New Jersey (excl EWR), United States
Joined Mar 2004
196 Posts
I wonder if it is a 2 channel or a 3 channel radio. They say it is under 50 grams in weight. If it is a 3 channel that would be amazing for the price.
aeropete is offline Find More Posts by aeropete
Old Sep 26, 2004, 09:41 PM
colorado
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
It is a three channel so they say if you look in the back there is a fan pointing vertically that controlls the forward and backword movement.And the rotors are controlld by two different motors and to turn one will slow and it will torqe and then there is throttle so that is three channels.I could be wrong that is just my guess.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 10:24 PM
California
Joined Oct 2002
410 Posts
I flew Petter's BladeRunner toy at the NEAT fair, at the seminar's tent, and then at the indoor at the Downsville High School gym. It's an amazing flyer. Lots of authority on vertical (throttle) axis, and pretty good control on yaw. Amazing stability, hands off control. Pitch control is pretty soft, Petter mentions for safety so kids don't fly into things at high speed and also prevents bad rotor strikes. Mild rotor strikes are not a problem. Lots of fun. -Matt
Keennon is offline Find More Posts by Keennon
Old Sep 26, 2004, 10:29 PM
colorado
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
But the million dollar question is is it worth 70 dollars actually that is a 70 dollar question.did you see the insides can it be modified?
Old Sep 26, 2004, 11:29 PM
Frequent Poster
South of Boston
Joined Mar 2004
846 Posts
OKay
Questions:
Is it proportional?
What size battery?

Answers:
I work at a KBToys, and I can get them at a total of 25% off (30% disc and 5% tax)
That's IF we get them in, I don't get a discount from the online store.

It has to be 3 channels, it goes up/down, steers and and moves back-forward with the little tail rotor. Please tell me it ACTUALLY steers left and right????
Pete P. is offline Find More Posts by Pete P.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 11:45 PM
colorado
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
To my understanding it does steer to the left and right if you look at peters web site it is the same thing as his mosqieto check out the control princibles I believe he uses v- tail mixing and the two motors to turn it left or right one will slow and the other will speed up to make the air craft turn just like a helicopter with the tail rotor not working because the torqe of the main rotor. Heres what I think it will be like all in one board and two motors using the same princible as the misqueto but will probably use gears so the ten year old boy doesn't have to take it apart to put belts back on.Hope peter gets in on this thread and tells us alittle bit about it.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 08:58 AM
colorado
Joined Jan 2004
264 Posts
Just bought one yesterday I will tell you about it as soon as it comes it will be here in about a week.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 11:32 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Nov 2003
344 Posts
Hi all,

Yes, the ITC Bladerunner is starting to reach the US and Canada.
I will try to answer some of your questions, but please note that ITC have got a license from me to use the "Proxflyer" technology for a toy helicopter. They are responsible for all production (done in China), marketing and support. I have purely assisted on the technical side giving advice to the factory - which can be a bit of a challenge in itself.

The Bladerunner helicopter is a TOY with toy performance and quality - and price !
However, this helicopter is a very advanced toy. It utilizes 2 high quality very hot N20 type motors (1.7 ohm, 60% efficiency), a 4mm pager motor (tail), a 200mAh li-po cell (7C), light weight electronics (5 gram) with 3 ch. proportional control, rudder-throttle mixing - 2 ESC's for main motors and a bi-directional one for the tail. The transmitter have a built in li-po charger with a cable and connector to the helicopter.

The controls are similar to the Proxflyer Mosquito ( www.proxflyer.com ) and the helicopter is built to withstand crashes like flying into walls and furniture. The tail propeller is however small to keep the forward / backwards speed low in order to prevent the helicopter from being unstable.

The quality and the performance have been improved throughout the first 12 weeks of production. The helicopters currently being produced is to my best understanding quite good. Examples of improvements that have or soon will be implemented as running changes are: New better rudder (yaw) trim on transmitter, removed mechanical steps in the throttle stick, new rotor blades (I believe that spare rotors can be ordered from ITC), new battery, wires to the tail propeller molded into the CF tail rod, weight reduced from 53 to 50 grams, better material in the landing gear (that also doubles as the antenna).

I hope that the Bladerunner will perform as well as the samples I have tested and that it will introduce a lot of kids to the model helicopter hobby.

Petter
petter is offline Find More Posts by petter
Closed Thread