HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by tim hooper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 08, 2009, 05:29 AM
Lansing, MI
Joined May 2002
215 Posts
If you have MS flight sims on your computer do a "print screen" and then "Control v" from the game when you have the panel you want on screen
JLLayton is online now Find More Posts by JLLayton
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2009, 06:42 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
i dont.
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Jul 08, 2009, 10:19 AM
Fun is what matters!
Porto, Portugal
Joined Apr 2003
172 Posts
So, What do you need? maybe some of us can help you.
Pmagall is offline Find More Posts by Pmagall
Old Jul 08, 2009, 10:07 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Well, I really like to add a realistic pilot bust to all my aircraft. I fly from 40` to 70` and also like a nice panel. I have been making them by just finding them on the web and printing them out and sticking them to black foam then sticking them in the panel. They look ok " see picture of my eratix 3D " but i want a better finish and selection. Happy to buy them too from a supplier. I have a great one in my GP RV-4.

So even using the above techique, in all your expertise how can i make my own that look better ? any pictures from one your all made may help with a outline to how its done. My method is a bit crude. Many thanks
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Jul 18, 2009, 01:47 PM
Life was good
Joined Jul 2008
241 Posts
If your interest is Schneider Cup aircraft, the people and events, full scale and in Giant RC Model scale check out www.schneider-cup.com There are photos, text and links to sites and suppliers that offer books, plans and full scale and model products and kits.
bob57hdt is offline Find More Posts by bob57hdt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Copyright infringement SR-7
Old Jul 18, 2009, 01:52 PM
Life was good
Joined Jul 2008
241 Posts
Documentation of Schneider Cup Aircraft

If your interest is Schneider Cup aircraft, the people and events, full scale and in Giant RC Model scale check out www.schneider-cup.com There are photos, text and links to sites and suppliers that offer books, plans and full scale and model products and kits.
bob57hdt is offline Find More Posts by bob57hdt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Copyright infringement SR-7
Old Sep 07, 2009, 07:51 PM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Jul 2009
367 Posts
Sorry if already posted, I've just had a good look through and didn't see it

For Luftwaffe full size information, this is a great site:

www.germanluftwaffe.com

Plenty of original documentation to download and some good write ups on different types and plenty of images I've not seen before. The site is in the process of supporting english language. Bags of detail on instruments but also check the archive for original flight manuals etc. I just found something on there I really really wanted
Gemma Jane is offline Find More Posts by Gemma Jane
Old Sep 08, 2009, 03:52 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2007
1,332 Posts
Great photos of the classic years here

http://personalpages.tdstelme.net/~westin/

http://www.stinsonflyer.com/ac-2.htm
CaptAhab is offline Find More Posts by CaptAhab
Last edited by CaptAhab; Sep 08, 2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:19 PM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,929 Posts
Making P-clips

A lot of our models have references to lacing wire to bulkheads for things like cabane struts and landing gear.

I don't like lacing wire to things because I like to be able to replace landing gear when it gets bent up too much, or, make fine adjustments in wing mounting.

There are commercial products from places like DuBro to accomplish the task, but, they are rarely in the size I want, and/or are plastic and bulky. So, I have learned to make my own. Since we field question from quite a few people about this when they are building our kits I thought I'd make a little tutorial.

A P clip is named that because it looks like a P with the upper part of the P enclosing the wire that is being retained. The pics show the first sequences.

First the tools. Small vise is the key. Pliers and the wire you need to form it around. In this case it's 5/32 brass tube. A piece of wire (1/8") is slid inside to keep the tube from collapsing. The brass strip I am using is 3/4" wide and .032". For smaller wire use smaller sheet. Small hammer for the last step.

The first step is to start the bend with the pliers.

charlie
portablevcb is offline Find More Posts by portablevcb
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:24 PM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,929 Posts
Ok, next sequences.

This one takes three hands. Slip the bent strip into the vise and hold it in there with the wire.

Tighten up the vise until it is bent in a U around the wire.

Remove and invert it. Put it back in the vise with the wire slightly above the vise jaws.

This time when you tighten the vise it will 'squeeze' the strip and force the portion around the wire up out of the jaws of the vise. Now you have a strip that is bent in a circle around the wire, but not in a P shape.

So, take a few hits with the hammer to shape the P.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:27 PM
Neophyte hacker
Albuquerque, NM USA
Joined Sep 2003
15,929 Posts
Remove it from the vise. It will 'spring' open just a bit. Don't worry about this.

You can see that you now have a P clip almost ready to install. Last step is to drill a hold in the clip for mounting. For a very 'clean' mount you can even countersink the hole.

Once you get the hang of it you can make a dozen of them in less time than it will take to go online and order some.

charlie
Old Oct 31, 2009, 05:03 AM
Buffalo,MN
Joined Dec 2005
1,301 Posts
Charlie;

This is some good information, it would be very helpful info to add to your site!
Dan Parson is offline Find More Posts by Dan Parson
Old Nov 08, 2009, 08:52 PM
Okanagan Falls. British columbia. Canada
Joined Nov 2006
366 Posts
Where can I purchase Balsaloc Adhesive on this side of the antlantic?
knormang is offline Find More Posts by knormang
Old Nov 09, 2009, 12:53 AM
Okanagan Falls. British columbia. Canada
Joined Nov 2006
366 Posts
'This side', meaning NorthAmerica!
knormang is offline Find More Posts by knormang
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:11 AM
Slaton, TX
Joined Oct 2008
735 Posts
http://www.forneyind.com/searchdetai...roductID=86140

The link above will take you to the Forney web site, where a precision Nozzle Tip Drill Set is advertised. This tool is used to clean out the nozzle of a cutting torch. I picked one of these up from my local welding shop for around $13.00. It has 12 tiny drill bits and an aluminum holder that should be uesful to many modellers.

Trey
supercubman is offline Find More Posts by supercubman