SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2002, 07:55 PM
Tampa, FL
Joined Dec 2001
9 Posts
Anyone flying in Florida?

I'm surrounded by glo pilots at the local field and am looking for a flying bud. Any takers? I'm in Tampa.
aryanez is offline Find More Posts by aryanez
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2002, 08:10 PM
Master Crasher
Sunrise, FL
Joined Nov 2001
162 Posts
I'm in Sunrise (Ft. Lauderdale) stop by anytime you get down this way.

John
sanjoh is offline Find More Posts by sanjoh
Old Feb 10, 2002, 10:04 PM
Dr John
Lake Placid, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
2,712 Posts
Lake Placid

The Lake Placid Aeromodelers has a new field about two miles from the intersection of 27 & 70. This is an AMA field and requires AMA membership but we have all types of fliers in the club roster. One member is building a four motor multi and I just started a Ryan STA EP. Several members have light park flier types. Electric fliers are welcome and not considered any less a flier because of their choice of power. If you would like more info you can Email me at pmp@strato.net
pmpjohn is offline Find More Posts by pmpjohn
Old Feb 11, 2002, 08:54 AM
Faded away
Joined Nov 2001
652 Posts
I"m in Jacksonville so that won't help but I know of an electric club just south of you in Sarasota...
Their web site... http://payrollprocessing.com/ssf/tower_ie.htm

Good luck,
Dave
Dave Seay is offline Find More Posts by Dave Seay
Old Feb 11, 2002, 09:40 AM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hi, I'm in St. Pete. Am currently flying a Tigermoth and a CrazyMax. There are a couple of other guys who fly at the same soccer field I do and the biggest problem with meeting up is the unpredictability of the weather.

For me, with these lightweight planes it's pretty much play it by ear. Get up, look outside, if it's not windy, load up the car and head to the field. On a good day, it might stay calm enough to fly 'til maybe two hours after sunrise. Very difficult to plan anything in advance.

This morning is a perfect example. Looked calm so I drove out to the field, by the time I got there it was kinda breezy. I flew the CM for one flight and then packed up and left because it was already getting too windy at 7:40a.m..

BC
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase