SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 20, 2004, 08:43 PM
Build/Fly/Crash/Repeat
United States, HI, Kapalua
Joined Jan 2002
1,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majortomski
Only when that was question did HIS party bring up Mr. Bush's military record. Bush has never used his ANG time as an issue EXCEPT in a response to the left.
Pure hogwash. Did you just get interested in this race a few weeks ago?

Questions about Mr. Bush's service record have been being asked long before he was elected. He's avoided and side-stepped answering them during this entire period, which is why they are still being asked.

Apparently you've missed all that. I wonder why? These issues existed years before John Kerry was running for President.
Why wouldn't you ask questions of anyone running for President. Or is it just those who are Democrats that you question?

After Mr. Kerry returned from Vietnam and began his anti-war activities he was thoroughly investigated by the FBI at the request of President Nixon.
If he had been guilty of ANY violations of law he would have been prosecuted at that time.
He wasn't, making your entire thread nothing more than an exercise in futility and just one more smoke screen instead of discussing real issues.
At least try some objectivity......
CoastalFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CoastalFlyer
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:33 PM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
9,023 Posts
"After Mr. Kerry returned from Vietnam and began his anti-war activities he was thoroughly investigated by the FBI at the request of President Nixon.
If he had been guilty of ANY violations of law he would have been prosecuted at that time.
He wasn't, making your entire thread nothing more than an exercise in futility and just one more smoke screen instead of discussing real issues."

Ok, well, fact is, VVAW was being watched by the FBI, not "Kerry" as you put it. He was thier predominant spokesman, and fell into the batch on that one.
Can you post the text proving Nixon singled out Kerry please?
Kerry didn't begin his anti-war activites after the war. He began them when he attempted a deferment, BEFORE service in the war.
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:10 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalFlyer
Pure hogwash. Did you just get interested in this race a few weeks ago?

Apparently you've missed all that. I wonder why? These issues existed years before John Kerry was running for President.
Why wouldn't you ask questions of anyone running for President. Or is it just those who are Democrats that you question?

He wasn't, making your entire thread nothing more than an exercise in futility and just one more smoke screen instead of discussing real issues.
At least try some objectivity......
Actually my interest started the week of the Democratic Party convention. For the true first time in my adult life I wanted to follow all the points and issues of this election.

Again read my first post, and hop back to the thread on Bush's service. Yes, there may have been irregularities and oddities in his service, but he was a 20 something Fighter pilot in a Guard fighter squadron, a classic Texas State gentlemenís flying club. Not much of an impact in US policy or the outcome of the war. And as I said Bush and Co have NOT made an issue of this service. And out of all this wailing and gnashing of teeth the absolute most controversial issue is a supposed order to report for a flight physical, which if not me will result in being grounded, guess what he was grounded. No big issue for someone who didn't have the time to transition from an F-102 Driver to an F-101 instructor.

This President on this watch has not brought up that past to set the course this country is following. This President has not wavered from the course set against terrorists, and those who fund and aid them.

ON the contrary, as I said in the first post. First Mr. Kerry is against the war, he meets with the enemy, tosses someone's medals over the fence, then testifies before congress on how his memory is seared of the atrocities he committed in 'Nam. Then for the last 20 years he's been against everything the military has tried to do or improve.

But now he's a war hero, and he's going to GO AGAINST EVERYTHING HE HAS EVER STATED HE BELIEVES IN!!! To run the war in the Gulf and the country.

I just can't buy that.

Then the order of magnitude of a fighter jock missing a physical vs. a Naval Reserve Officer meeting and negotiating with the enemy, violating the UCMJ and several us laws, just amazes me that the miniscule issue, only brought to light by the left totally obscures the big issue.

For heavenís sake man Kerry has no character except for the one he needs to have for the audience at hand.

I'D LOVE TO DISCUSS THE REAL ISSUES! And except for this weeks constant tiered of Gulf war II bad. Kerry hasn't got an issue that he hasn't taken both sides on in the last three years. So how are we supposed to look at the issues when the only issue is whether GWB showed up for a physical?
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:42 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledbetter
Overseas interest is expected. But you wouldn't want us U.S. Americans picking YOUR president, would you?
Tell that to the Nicaraguans, Chileans, Venezuelans etc.
martin richards is offline Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Sep 21, 2004, 01:46 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
"Can you post the text proving Nixon singled out Kerry please?"

' At the White House, the plotting against Kerry continued.

"The concern about Kerry was that he had great credibility as a decorated Vietnam veteran," Colson recalled in a recent interview. So Colson and his staff tried repeatedly to dig up dirt on Kerry. The effort failed.

"I don't ever remember finding anything negative about Kerry or hearing anything negative about him," Colson said. "If we had found anything, I'm sure we would have used it to discredit him."

Colson's memos, in storage at the National Archives, show that he tried mightily to discredit Kerry. On April 16, Colson noted that, "A number of tough questions have also been planted with the Vietnam Veterans Against the War questioners for `Meet the Press."'

full article with transcripts of Nixon's famous tapes:

http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/p...y/061703.shtml
Treetop is online now Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Sep 21, 2004, 01:55 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,167 Posts
"A number of tough questions have also been planted with the Vietnam Veterans Against the War questioners for `Meet the Press."'

Note how Chuck Colson was able to "plant" questions with "Meet the Press". I find this rather disturbing in itself.

also from the above Globe article:

The White House feared him like no other protester.

Colson, in a secret memo, revealed he had a mission to target Kerry: "Destroy the young demagogue before he becomes another Ralph Nader."

Interesting.

My favorite part:

" In another iconic moment, Kerry appeared with former Beatle John Lennon at a protest in New York City."

Imagine...
Treetop is online now Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Sep 21, 2004, 07:34 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,777 Posts
Shoot one nights sleep and Mr. Kerry makes my point for me. No character. I recall several months ago it was his belief that it was time for a regime change in Iraq, even if there is no evidence of WMD's. YESTERDAY, he said that leaving Sadam in power is better than what we have today. Flip.
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Sep 21, 2004, 08:37 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majortomski
Shoot one nights sleep and Mr. Kerry makes my point for me. No character. I recall several months ago it was his belief that it was time for a regime change in Iraq, even if there is no evidence of WMD's. YESTERDAY, he said that leaving Sadam in power is better than what we have today. Flip.
That's not a flip. That's hindsight. We all know hindsight is 20/20. It's so obvious today what we should have done back then! But the real leader makes the tough choices when he is presented with them. I don't believe that John Kerry or for that matter, a lot of the Dems have figured out that yet.

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:49 AM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Waiting for the claim that all the focus on Kerry's Vietnam experiences is a result of a vast rightwing conspiracy.

Pay no attention to that man behind the chin!
Karl B≤ is offline Find More Posts by Karl B≤