HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2004, 08:10 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,770 Posts
Why aren't we discussing Mr. Kerrys UCMJ viloations?

OK folks just tell me why you are so upset over the issue that GWB not showing up for a flight physical which rightly resulted in his removal from flight status.

Yet at the same time you go nowhere near JFK in essence committing a definitely punishable act under the UCMJ and other US laws.

From BUSHAWOL.com Mr. Kerry’s service records indicate that he was a US Naval Reservist from 1 Jan 70 until 16 Feb 73.

Yet during this time there are no records of either his participation or release from USNR activities. Equivalent to ANG drill period

During this time Mr. Kerry not once but TWICE visited with BOTH Communist delegations in Paris. (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...20/91603.shtml, And http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialRe...20040604a.html)

Why are you not screaming for punishment of MR Kerry under the UCMJ?
“904. ART. 104. AIDING THE ENEMY
Any person who--
(1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or
(2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or [protects or gives intelligence to or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly;
shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct. “

So why are Mr. Kerry’s questionable actions less critical than one missed ANG flight physical?
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
Old Sep 20, 2004, 08:25 AM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
8,811 Posts
Well, I am about 1/2 way through Unfit for Command, and I would be willing to bet there are a lot more incidents that scream for UCMJ than just his lack of showing up for reserve duty.

From what I gather, he never wanted to be there, so at every chance he either took off under fire, or was somewhere he wasn't supposed to be. I know guys that got article 15's for a lot less. If what the book says is true (some of it prolly isn't, but a lot of it prolly is), then the command over in Nam knew he was trying get out of there and they wanted him gone, so they let him get his three medals and let him go ASAP. The guys in the book list a scary series of incidents, that if my Arty section chief had pulled he'd have been coutrmarshalled. In the end I guess they found it easier to just get rid of him. Good book, great reading. Also read "Reckless Disregard", another great read. I can't believe they can't find better than this guy to run on the dem side.....
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old Sep 20, 2004, 08:33 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
It's a forlorn hope but could it be because the elections about who's going to lead America through to 2008 and not what either candidate did or did not do 30 years ago.
Thinking about what I got up to 30 years ago definately made me not want to run for President
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Last edited by martin richards; Sep 20, 2004 at 08:55 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 08:37 AM
ARFs make me BARF
Joined Dec 2000
8,811 Posts
But, it DOES show a definite pattern of behaviour...a concern for only his own behind, and a contempt for the military and leadership.
Old Sep 20, 2004, 08:45 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,332 Posts
I guess what we are doing by reviewing what these people did in the past is attempting to find out the charter of the individual (President or potential President). After all, very few of us U.S. citizens actually know these people personally. That said, I think the media is spending too much time dwelling on these guys past military records.

Wiz
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some new engines some older
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:21 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Joined Aug 2000
2,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards
It's a forlorn hope but could it be because the elections about who's going to lead America through to 2008 and not what either candidate did or did not do 30 years ago.
Thinking about what I got up to 30 years ago definately made me not want to run for President
But IT IS MR.Kerry who stood up at HIS nomination and made the fact that he served in the military THE Centerpoint of his qualifications. Only when that was question did HIS party bring up Mr. Bush's military record. Bush has never used his ANG time as an issue EXCEPT in a response to the left.

Please note that my original post concerns Mr Kerry's activites AFTER Vietnam. Please don't drag the ot back to the swift boat issues.

Tom
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:30 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,545 Posts
It's just from the other side of the Atlantic, the media seem to be feeding the electorate baby food instead of food for thought. We have more than a passing interest in seeing how each candidate would lead America rather than hearing playground squabbles.
martin richards is online now Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Sep 20, 2004, 06:04 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrittinger
But, it DOES show a definite pattern of behaviour...a concern for only his own behind, and a contempt for the military and leadership.

Only if one is inclined and determined to believe what serves their own agenda.

You said it yourself; "If what the book says is true (some of it prolly isn't, but a lot of it prolly is)".

That is in no way a logical argument. In fact, it is a logical fallicy. Unless there is absolute proof, the "Probably true" means nothing.

Let's face it. Those that want Bush to win will believe most bad things that are reported about Kerry, Even if they are false, and of course the reverse is true about Kerry supporters.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Sep 20, 2004, 06:50 PM
Central California
Joined Aug 2003
1,137 Posts
Overseas interest is expected. But you wouldn't want us U.S. Americans picking YOUR president, would you?

Most U.S. Americans, I think, want a President who will advance our own interests and whose political stances are dictated by principles, not polls.
Ledbetter is offline Find More Posts by Ledbetter
Old Sep 20, 2004, 06:57 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
GWB was a "wild kid, kinda outta control" 30 years ago and didn't really bother anybody.. He got over it.

Kerry was a "young man with future political aspirations" 30 years ago and didn't care who he destroyed to get there. He hasn't gotten over it.

Character is the whole thing. Some people change their behaviors, others change their minds.

Simple.

VP
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old Sep 20, 2004, 07:38 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,541 Posts
Ditto and Amen.

LcJ
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Sep 20, 2004, 07:51 PM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,510 Posts
Is there a statute of limitations on that?
Wes
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2004, 07:54 PM
ARFs make me BARF
Joined Dec 2000
8,811 Posts
"Unless there is absolute proof, the "Probably true" means nothing."

How about a vast majority of opposing witnesses, is that enough to go by? MANY MANY of the people in Kerry's unit's never saw anything anywhere near what he CLAIMS happened, and, many are people who until now had nothing to say about him, good or bad. It was only when they realized what was at stake they decided to respond to his stories. The book is a good read. Since there is a lot od references ans many of the Kerry quotes contradict THEMSELVES, it seems very plausible Kerry had an agenda from the get go when he realized he was headed for the 'Nam.

I recommend reading it before condemning it.
My 2 cents
Mark
Old Sep 20, 2004, 07:57 PM
God is good
Banjul
Joined Jan 2001
4,246 Posts
Got mine yesterday, Mark. NBelieve it or not, it WAS behind a copy of Clinton's "My Life".

I thought they were joking, but zI went back, and there it was.

What a partisan thing to do!!!

Starts out as a good read.

Viper
Viper Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Viper Pilot
Old Sep 20, 2004, 08:18 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Joined Aug 2000
2,770 Posts
GENTLEMEN!! Please STOP hijacking this thread!

I had hoped we could look at Mr. Kerry's USNR activities AFTER he left the Swifties.

Tom