HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2004, 09:20 AM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
New to AP / finally getting there with Aiptek

Hello all.. well Mr. Huricane Ivan's wind gust here in Mt. Airy, NC (mayberry) have finally calmed down a bit.. so i was chomping at the bits to get out and fly with my new setup, especially after not getting to fly for 3 days because of Ivan!! I still have a little work on the COG to be able to float around but that shouldn't be a problem. I tried several different camera mounts and found this mount and it works great !!! The mount can swivel side to side 360 degrees or up and down with the loosening of a screw for either way. Here is the setup..

Slow Stick - typical reinforcements for wings
Park 370 5400 brushless
CC 10a ESC
Kokam 2 cell Poly
Aiptek SD 1.3 with the Mr. RC-Cam mod (much thanks to you Mr. Rc-Cam for all your help)

Total weight with camera battery and all is 21 oz

btw, the Brushless kicks butt !!!!!!!! Love it !!

The camera mount is wire tied to the fuselodge with some foam between it for help with vibration. The camera is super velcroed to the mount and a couple of rubber bands for extra hold though probably not needed..
here are a few pics of the Slow Stick and the camers setup.. next post will be some shots i took this morning.
BlueDevil is offline Find More Posts by BlueDevil
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2004, 09:23 AM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
Here are the AP pics i took this morning with the above setup.. could only load 5 pics at a time

pic # 3 is me in the bottom right hand corner on my deck..
Old Sep 19, 2004, 09:24 AM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
wow blue! love the color looks like you ready to fly! your plane looks great and you mount really look inovative, should be easy to adjust the camera angle Yea we got a little piece of Ivan here to in Chi-town! well not really but it was a clear day and the weather man said we were going to get some clouds from hurricane ivan. That counts doesnt it

-edit- just see youve added the pictures and they look really good! might need to tweak the foucs a bit but looks like your off to a good start!
Kyle G. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle G.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 10:29 AM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
Wow, that's WAY better than my first try.

nice job

Ash
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Sep 19, 2004, 02:52 PM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle G.
wow blue! love the color looks like you ready to fly! your plane looks great and you mount really look inovative, should be easy to adjust the camera angle Yea we got a little piece of Ivan here to in Chi-town! well not really but it was a clear day and the weather man said we were going to get some clouds from hurricane ivan. That counts doesnt it

-edit- just see youve added the pictures and they look really good! might need to tweak the foucs a bit but looks like your off to a good start!
Haha.. not too many Blue Devil fans around here.. someone might shoot it down ha! Thanks.. It's still a bit windy, i had a time keeping it still this morning.. maybe this evening will be better!

Yeah.. i took it apart again and dialed it in a little better. me things anyways..
thanks again!
Old Sep 19, 2004, 02:53 PM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdec87
Wow, that's WAY better than my first try.

nice job

Ash
Thanks.. my nerves were about shot with the wind and hoping i didn't get blown away with my new camera on there hahaha
Old Sep 19, 2004, 08:14 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
One thing, try resizing the pictures and making them smaller.

That way you can turn up the quality with out going over on the size.

Usually 650x 457 or something works nicely

Ash
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Sep 20, 2004, 09:17 PM
"Fly It Like Ya Stole It"
San Bernardino, Ca
Joined Jul 2004
768 Posts
Blue,
That mount looks great. What brand and model is the cell phone mount? Id like to try and find one.

Gerald
Rugar is offline Find More Posts by Rugar
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:19 PM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugar
Blue,
That mount looks great. What brand and model is the cell phone mount? Id like to try and find one.

Gerald
Thanks.. well it's either a Motorola V60 hands free kit or an older Nokia hands free.. we installed several of them at work and never used many of those mounts that came with them.. if you can't find one let me know and i'll fix you up. i think i have a couple of extras.. here's a couple more pics..
Old Sep 20, 2004, 10:39 PM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
here are some more pics taken the last couple of days ...
Old Sep 20, 2004, 11:02 PM
"Fly It Like Ya Stole It"
San Bernardino, Ca
Joined Jul 2004
768 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and offer Blue. I will try to find one localy. If I cant, I will take you up on your offer. I would pay you for the shipping charges and all costs.
Rugar is offline Find More Posts by Rugar
Old Sep 21, 2004, 11:09 AM
Mt. Airy, NC
Joined Aug 2004
331 Posts
Not a problem.. just let me know and we'll work something out ! I checked and i do have a few of them so let me know.. i have another type mount i found also, i'll try and take some pics this evening and upload them..