Closed Thread
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:04 AM
Crash happens! :)
Utah
Joined Jun 2002
2,161 Posts
Alert

Arrow is offline Find More Posts by Arrow
Last edited by Arrow; May 22, 2008 at 09:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:14 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
I pretty much agree. And I'm a big ebay user. I just think there need to be places that are NOT ebay, and to have to go through the listings here and find ebay listings is pretty boring. I don't think it helps the listings here in any way, shape, or form. Would love to hear other opinions.
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Sep 19, 2004, 05:25 PM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
It I noticed links to Ebay ads appearing in RCG and on other sites, I don't follow the rules on these things but IMHO it seems particularly parasitic to me.

Andy.
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Sep 20, 2004, 07:33 AM
Walled Lake, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2000
11,182 Posts
If all eBay links have ebay.com somewhere in them, it should be possible for the forum software to be able to automatically filter this out of messages, which should render the links inoperable.
Dave Hederich is offline Find More Posts by Dave Hederich
Old Sep 20, 2004, 07:43 AM
Joined Jul 2004
181 Posts
no ebay

If I wanted to buy stuff off ebay I would, but I like the idea of buying stuff from people who care about this site and hobby.
slopeG is offline Find More Posts by slopeG
Old Oct 06, 2004, 10:44 AM
St. Louis Metro
Joined Apr 2003
2,440 Posts
If my opinion counts, put me down for #6 about banning Ebay links.

WJ
WJ Birmingham is offline Find More Posts by WJ Birmingham
Old Oct 06, 2004, 12:18 PM
I'm kind of a big deal
Tarpon Springs, FL USA
Joined Feb 2002
852 Posts
Go away Ebay....

I like Ebay in general, but I would prefer they were not allowed. I just don't want to overload the mods by having them enforce yet another rule. If the software can filter it out, then do it.

Shawn
Tarpon Shawn is offline Find More Posts by Tarpon Shawn
Old Oct 06, 2004, 03:37 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
The problem with banning ALL links to E-Bay, is in other forums guys routinly ask advise about items they see there, and want to provide a link to an item in question.

I agree, if the board software could just 'gobble up' any thread (in the For Sale forums only) that contained an E-Bay link, it'd be fine with me...
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Oct 06, 2004, 03:46 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,476 Posts
I generally agree but have to admit I sold my last RX on ebay. I don't normally do that, but after posting an ad here for a fair price for a brand new receiver, I got two low ball offers, posted it on eBay and had it sold in two hours (buy it now) at my original asking price here.

I really like/want to sell here, but that isn't always possible. I certainly would not be opposed to dropping the ability to post that you have put it on ebay from the eZone for sale forum.

One other thought - I have found some vintage stuff, things you just don't know how to price, that I have been very happy with someone posting they had it on eBay. It was a valuable service to me, and truthfully that gets a lot more viewers and money for the seller. It also makes those vintage finds available to many more modelers.

JMHO

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by pda4you; Oct 06, 2004 at 03:48 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2004, 10:45 PM
Balsa to the Wall
Deep in the East Texas Piney Woods
Joined Dec 2001
4,537 Posts
I agree, drop the Ebay links. We don't need 'em. You don't see links to RCGroups on Ebay do you?

Chuck
Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Chuck
Old Oct 06, 2004, 10:56 PM
Brunswick, Ohio
Joined Aug 2003
5,736 Posts
I usually try to list here first, but I too have had items that I was asking a fair price for but in the end nobody was interested and they ended up on e-bay. I don't see the harm in posting a link. If you don't want them don't bid, if there is a case of a re-seller simply posting link after link of all his e-bay items that may be a special case but for the random RCgroups user posting a link for an item I don't see the harm.

Jim
BrunswickOH is offline Find More Posts by BrunswickOH
Closed Thread