HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2004, 08:42 PM
Been There! Done That!
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
An Evil Evil Plane Ready for Maiden!

My Dominatrix is ready to maiden. AUW is 9.2oz with 17T LensRC CD brushless, Phoenix 10 Esc, 1500 2S1P Kokam pack and 8 X 4 HD Prop. 42W so should get great climbs and accelleration. Did you ever try to get a pic of a all black plane at night??? Anywho this will give you an idea of how it looks. It looks awesome in real life. I had The Blue Max do the covering! The black about drove him batty as it does me! Hope can maiden first of week and shoot some video! Raining (again) now and wind was over 22mph all day!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
boomerace is offline Find More Posts by boomerace
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2004, 08:51 PM
SIU Aviation
Wheeling, Illinois
Joined Dec 2003
5,240 Posts
wow boomer that plane is REALLY slick looking looks really "stealthy" being all black like that. do you think orientation will be a problem? I remember a thread awhile ago with this plane and it was also really nice looking. I love the wing has its all curved back. almost looks fast just sitting there hope the maiden goes well, cant wait for the result

Kyle
Kyle G. is offline Find More Posts by Kyle G.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 08:58 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle G.
wow boomer that plane is REALLY slick looking looks really "stealthy" being all black like that. do you think orientation will be a problem? I remember a thread awhile ago with this plane and it was also really nice looking. I love the wing has its all curved back. almost looks fast just sitting there hope the maiden goes well, cant wait for the result

Kyle
Against a blue sky it should be fine as the silhouette is very distinctive and rudder is enough different to help. Time will tell.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Old Sep 18, 2004, 09:38 PM
Kansas
Joined Sep 2004
52 Posts
Sweet!
Quinton is offline Find More Posts by Quinton
Old Sep 18, 2004, 09:47 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Boomer, that is soooo cool! I love it all in black! Awesome! That would be a great evil sister to my Darth Smaul
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Sep 18, 2004, 10:18 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Thanks all! Tres I have a new unpainted Pico Moth on the way for a brushless and then I will probably do the DS.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Old Sep 18, 2004, 10:50 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Cool! I just ordered a 'trix, you inspired me I've got a "fish" scheme stuck in my head for the 'trix, but I've got to figure a way to "evil it up" It's probably going to get a light kit for night flying too. I've got nearly 20 ready-to-fly planes here, and the SS and Mini IFO are the only ones I can fly at night (and the Mini is tricky). I need to change that!

Sorry to hear about your weather, we're getting the opposite. Lots of sun and heat. Some wind too.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:09 AM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Cool! I just ordered a 'trix, you inspired me I've got a "fish" scheme stuck in my head for the 'trix, but I've got to figure a way to "evil it up" It's probably going to get a light kit for night flying too. I've got nearly 20 ready-to-fly planes here, and the SS and Mini IFO are the only ones I can fly at night (and the Mini is tricky). I need to change that!

Sorry to hear about your weather, we're getting the opposite. Lots of sun and heat. Some wind too.
Tres how about a Barracuda!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Last edited by boomerace; Sep 19, 2004 at 12:14 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:40 AM
Evil Plane Doer
Westport, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Dec 2002
1,687 Posts
Boomer,

That looks awsome, maiden yet? STEALTH TRIX

NEAT was like a Moonson. Sold a ton of stuff, but got trapped there as my house flooded. Wife kept calling flipping out and the roads out of Peaceful valley were closed.. Currently removing my mud soaked possessions from the house.
jskrebs is offline Find More Posts by jskrebs
Old Sep 19, 2004, 11:49 AM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskrebs
Boomer,

That looks awsome, maiden yet? STEALTH TRIX

NEAT was like a Moonson. Sold a ton of stuff, but got trapped there as my house flooded. Wife kept calling flipping out and the roads out of Peaceful valley were closed.. Currently removing my mud soaked possessions from the house.
Sorry to hear about the flood. That happened to me once in Illinois! What a mess! Here are some better pics I took this morning and some decoration has been added thanks to Kitty!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:04 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Hey Boomer, that plane looks bad! (in the good way of course) Bad to the bone!
Great job.

Wayne
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:19 PM
I even seen a house fly!
Montreal!
Joined Oct 2003
2,668 Posts
VERY sweet Boomer!!! ^_^

How did you do the decals? I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do mine! It's a little tricky with the transluscent film!

K
LedKitty is offline Find More Posts by LedKitty
Old Sep 19, 2004, 01:02 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedKitty
VERY sweet Boomer!!! ^_^

How did you do the decals? I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do mine! It's a little tricky with the transluscent film!

K
Kitty,
I finally gave up on the Decals! I use common inkjet paper instead and give the image about 5 coats of Crystal Clear Krylon front and back and cut out and apply with RC56 Super Z canopy glue and they are there forever and completly waterproof! Thin photo paper works well also and gives a little better image but is harder to apply as it's stiffer.
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Last edited by boomerace; Sep 19, 2004 at 01:05 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 06:18 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joined Sep 2001
19,187 Posts
Well we went up to the park to do the maiden and just got the plane out and the rain came! Supposed to be sunny tomorrow so will try again!
boomer
www.boomerseflight.com
Old Sep 19, 2004, 06:27 PM
Death Spiral GURU
Dallas Downtown, Texas, United States
Joined Aug 2004
26 Posts
Sick!!!

(in a good way) <g>
KaptainKrash is offline Find More Posts by KaptainKrash