HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2002, 12:48 AM
Santa Rosa, Northern CA, USA
Joined Oct 1999
2,472 Posts
Any Artist out there? How about a TM cockpit?

Hi All,

I have been looking at all the great looking Tiger Moths being posted. There is a nice instrument panel on the web, but how about a complete cockpit? My thought is a single "picture" that you print and fold. This would include the panel, floor (maybe a stick), and rear seat.

Do you follow? ( or maybe it is time for bed )

Any takers?

Dave

PS: attached photo is not mine, but what a great looking bipe. Looks like the Reno Air Races! Wouldn't a full cockpit look great?
Daveairway is offline Find More Posts by Daveairway
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2002, 12:53 AM
Dangerous
LA
Joined Nov 2001
871 Posts
Remember, the prettier they look the more it hurts when they crash! Has anyone cried from a crash? Come on, be serious! We're all friends here!
Spaulding is offline Find More Posts by Spaulding
Old Feb 08, 2002, 12:51 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Spaulding
Remember, the prettier they look the more it hurts when they crash! Has anyone cried from a crash? Come on, be serious! We're all friends here!
no, but I laughed pretty good when I slammed my TM into the house! (I still can't believe I did that!)
spinnetti is online now Find More Posts by spinnetti
Old Feb 08, 2002, 02:47 PM
Checking the wind
Aubry Township, Kansas South of KC.
Joined Jan 2002
1,403 Posts
Hey, that Reno Racer TM is mine! Thanks for posting the photo and the nice comment. The airplane pictured has the instrument panel shots that Basketcase uploaded and they look great. I printed them on glossy photo paper. I'd sure like to have an interior! Hope someone out there is talented enough to do one for us?

Mike
kansascloud is offline Find More Posts by kansascloud
Old Feb 08, 2002, 03:14 PM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
Here are some pictures I got off the web. None of them are ready to be pasted in your cockpit, but they show what it looks like; that is except for some of the modern instruments that have been added.

You could make a seat from brown cardboard, stick from a round toothpick, lines from wire insulation etc.

RB
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old Feb 08, 2002, 10:55 PM
Santa Rosa, Northern CA, USA
Joined Oct 1999
2,472 Posts
Reno TM

Mike,

I sure am glad that you didn't mind me using your photo. I left the decals off mine to save weight, maybe I need to re-think this

RB,

Nice cockpit photos.

This picture helps me out. My idea is not a detailed cockpit, but just some color and depth vs the flat floor and no seat.

I am sure you have seen a flat picture that looks round, like a pix of the earth from space. So my idea is to use shading to allow the cockpit to look deep, and more shading to make a seat look 3d.

For the floor, a lighter black rim, with deeper black in the center would give depth. For the seat back, a black rim with a shaded brown seat, lighter near the center, should approach a 3d look.

Sure wish I was better at art, I know it can be done.

Dave
Daveairway is offline Find More Posts by Daveairway
Old Feb 09, 2002, 03:46 PM
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,131 Posts
cockpit detail..

Quote:
Originally posted by Daveairway

For the floor, a lighter black rim, with deeper black in the center would give depth. For the seat back, a black rim with a shaded brown seat, lighter near the center, should approach a 3d look.

Sure wish I was better at art, I know it can be done.

Dave
If you can get me a straight, top down photo, I can do it in Photoshop....
spinnetti is online now Find More Posts by spinnetti
Old Feb 09, 2002, 06:21 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Another good way to make the cockpit look deeper is to add some sides. I think this idea was originally RMasons. I copied his 'moth and cut some sides from the left over foam from the tail feathers. It's even the right color.

I think it give the plane a more realistic profile too.

BC
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Feb 09, 2002, 06:22 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Profile view.
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase