HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:10 PM
New Jersey USA
Joined Jul 2004
76 Posts
great planes F15?

Hey friends,
I picked up a GP F15 (40 size) from e-bay. Any of you have experience with this plane? I've ordered the Hobico retracts and plan on powering with a OS 46FX.
Any pointers appreciated.
Don
P51B is offline Find More Posts by P51B
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:26 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,860 Posts
Hey Don,

Cool... glad to see you snagged a kit.

As for powering with IC, I'd suggest you post over in the fuel section.

Go Electric, you won't regret it..

Bob
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2004, 03:21 PM
Going Home
Mighty Midwest
Joined Apr 2004
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P51B
Hey friends,
I picked up a GP F15 (40 size) from e-bay. Any of you have experience with this plane? I've ordered the Hobico retracts and plan on powering with a OS 46FX.
Don
Got Pictures
Starguard is offline Find More Posts by Starguard
Old Sep 14, 2004, 04:29 PM
New Jersey USA
Joined Jul 2004
76 Posts
Starguard,
Haven,t recieved the kit yet, and besides, it's just a kit. Will probably take me 6 months to complete it.
Don
Old Sep 14, 2004, 04:34 PM
New Jersey USA
Joined Jul 2004
76 Posts
Hey Bob,

Don't all jets run on fuel? Either turbins or ducted fans, except maybe the electrics which should be in the electric section? I would think most jets are still powered by "IC" ducted fans, yes? I realize a prop on the front is "cheating" :-)
Don
Old Sep 15, 2004, 12:53 AM
Going Home
Mighty Midwest
Joined Apr 2004
760 Posts
Quote:
Starguard,
Haven,t recieved the kit yet, and besides, it's just a kit. Will probably take me 6 months to complete it.
Don
Sorry. Got a little ahead of myself
Starguard is offline Find More Posts by Starguard
Old Sep 15, 2004, 05:33 PM
Crazy but Loveable
Lincoln Municipal, Nebraska, United States
Joined May 2004
427 Posts
Quote:
Hey friends,
Don
You will have to have the engine on hand before building the kit. This is due to the way the nose is built around the engine. You will have to use spacers and glue the plywood nose ring to the back of your propeller spinner, then build the nose section. It's not hard.
The wing is a snap to build and is actually very easy and straight forward. The fuse is basically just a box.
The instruction book is well done and easy to understand. I doubt it will take you six months to build.
One thing I didn't do and wish I had is to build a removable hatch to allow access to the fuel tank. If you build it the way the book says you can't get to the tank.

All in all, it's a fun kit to build. Mine hasn't flown yet, but from what I've read a .46 is about the smallest engine you want to put on.
I have a Super Tiger .51 in mine.
Make sure you get a pilot. I have a Williams Brother 1/8 scale military pilot (part no.17100) and he's just the right size. I found another pilot which had a separate rubber oxygen mask and tubing, so I put the O2 mask on the Williams pilot. Cant remember what brand the pilot with the mask was though.
I thought about putting retracts on mine but couldn't figure out how I would get them to work. I would be interested to see how you do it.
Well, supper's on so I have to quit babbling.
Have fun with it!
John
flyboy2610 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy2610
Old Sep 16, 2004, 04:56 PM
New Jersey USA
Joined Jul 2004
76 Posts
thanks John

I'll try to post when progress is made.
Old Sep 18, 2004, 06:51 PM
Bowling Green ,Kentucky
Joined Sep 2004
23 Posts
F-15

I have had 2 of these planes, Both were good flyers with the exception of a high speed stall in a tight turn, this is caused by too much elevator throw however. Other than that the planes fly wonderfully and land VERY easy. Just watch it when you pull a tight turn and be ready to back off if the nose starts to tuck under. Russ
jrc316 is offline Find More Posts by jrc316