HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:56 PM
Flying the Inland Valley
Murrieta, CA
Joined Feb 2004
1,254 Posts
Are there any DLG contest in Southern California

I am new to DLG and I was wondering if there any DLG contest in SoCal. I'm busy the 26th or I'd go to the bay area event. Even better are there any DLG clubs in SoCal.

Joe
joeskysailor is offline Find More Posts by joeskysailor
Last edited by joeskysailor; Sep 13, 2004 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:46 AM
Upland, CA
Joined Mar 2004
540 Posts
Keep an eye on this site:

http://members.aol.com/PopOffSWSA/Gateway.html

In the calendar section of their newsletter they usually point out the handlaunch contests. Also check out:

http://www.sc-2.org

which is the webpage for the Southern California Soaring Clubs.

The contests are happening...just not very often.

Edit:

I think I've given you this information before. Since your down in Murrieta, the San Diego contests wouldn't be that far away either. Check out the Torrey Pines Gulls site.
briandlg is offline Find More Posts by briandlg
Old Sep 14, 2004, 08:47 AM
West Boylston, MA
Joined Feb 2003
1,093 Posts
Joe,

The de-facto DLG world championship is the May contest at Torrey Pines, and I'm pretty sure beginners are welcomed and guaranteed to learn a lot from the best teachers.

Marc
marctrudeau is offline Find More Posts by marctrudeau