SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 10, 2004, 09:56 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Yippee!
RAMBLER EP (Electric Power) by WORLD MODELS

Another wonderful ARF from WORLD MODELS, super light and excellent packaging and the covering is first rate using the LIGHT T'ex Aircraft Model Covering as indicated on the Right upper wing.

This is a complete Balsa and very small "light" ply built-up Electric model and considered ARF.

SPEC's:
39.5 inch wing span (Semi-Symmetrical) {Moderate to Advance flyers}
Wing Area: 259 sq.-in. / 16.7 sq.-dm.
Flying Weight: 22oz. / 620 grams <---Using the Long Can 400
FUSE Length: 31.5 in. / 805 mm
4-channel / 4 micro servos
Recommend: 15 AMP ESC and 7-8 Cells, 1000mAH, Hump Pack

Description:
Aerobatic park flyer fabricated with top quality balsa / plywood and covered with genuine heat shrink WORLD MODELS' LIGHTTex covering. Strong wood structure and tough covering give the airframe the best load to weight ratio and capability for further power upgrades {Such as the HIMAX 2025/4200 in the HIMAX "C" gearbox!} Comes with the geared (Long Can Speed 400) and propeller.

www.airborne-models.com

Here's some pic's!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am so happy that I waited for this model, since I was keeping an eye on the .40 2-stroke Glow version that is pretty light itself but, this 39.5 inch wing span designed and built for Electric Flight takes the guess work right out the window!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:01 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
This model requires FOUR (4) Micro Servos and since my Local Hobby Shop is the next GWS distributor for the South East area, they had tons of GWS NARO servos that has much better response time and torque than the earlier versions.

I bought four at $12.95/each.

Carlos
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:37 PM
Jungmeister 55
Orlando Herndon, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2002
3,462 Posts
Carlos this plane is beautiful!!...congrats on another great choice of model from World Models. I really like the covering and the canopy. Great effect on the covering. I hope to see more ARF's coming out with this method in the future...it looks like you're way ahead in the assembly process already so, we may see it flying in just a few days I hope...

Keep us posted on this thread...I'll be checking it frequently.

Happy Landings sky brother!!...

Gerry.
simano is offline Find More Posts by simano
Old Sep 10, 2004, 11:44 PM
Chesapeake, VA
Joined Oct 2002
1,293 Posts
Carlos,

I've really got my eye on this one, also the Clipped Wing Cub. Can't wait for the flight report. What power system will you be using?

CMP
cadmanpilot is offline Find More Posts by cadmanpilot
Old Sep 11, 2004, 12:01 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmanpilot
Carlos,

I've really got my eye on this one, also the Clipped Wing Cub. Can't wait for the flight report. What power system will you be using?

CMP
As I hinted earlier.....

SETUP:
HIMAX 2025/4200
HIMAX gearbox "C" gearing (5.33:1 raito)
Thunder Power 2100mAH, 3S1P, Li-POLYs.
CC PHX-25 ESC
APC "E" 10 X 7 Prop.
Larger wheels are in order
Stearable tail wheel will be installed instead of the tail skid.

CAN YOU SAY UNLIMITED VERTICAL

Carlos
Old Sep 11, 2004, 12:03 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simano
Carlos this plane is beautiful!!...congrats on another great choice of model from World Models. I really like the covering and the canopy. Great effect on the covering. I hope to see more ARF's coming out with this method in the future...it looks like you're way ahead in the assembly process already so, we may see it flying in just a few days I hope...

Keep us posted on this thread...I'll be checking it frequently.

Happy Landings sky brother!!...

Gerry.

Hey Buddy!

The covering is the best but, too much WHITE and GRAY so, I will add some trim sheet covering like black stripes underneath (Bottom is all WHITE) so, I will not lose this in a cloudy day.

I got to go to bed but, I JUST CAN'T!!!!!
Old Sep 11, 2004, 10:37 AM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
Looks like a good one Guapoman...

I wonder how well it flies stock? Since they include the motor for that fine price, I'd sure be tempted to give it a try.... Maybe on 8xKAN1050, then on 10, then consider LiPo's... Then, of course a BL...

Hmmm.... may be too tempting NOT to give it a shot at this price!
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Sep 11, 2004, 11:48 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Gene,

It sure is the best from WORLD MODELS yet as far as a model designed from the ground up for Electric flight.

Okay, here's the break down of weight:

Dry model Weight (Just model + tail feathers + cowl) Shy of 7 oz.
Long Can Speed 400 + Gearbox: 5 oz.

Total Model Weight (including all hardware, motor, landing gear, etc.) 16 oz.{EDIT: Less battery pack! Sorry for any confusion!}

Objective power setup is the HIMAX 2025/4200 + HIMAX Geabox: 2 3/8 oz.
That's almost 2 oz. savings on the power plant !

Presently, installing the plastic control hardware on tail feathers and then, glue the tail feathers on to the FUSE.

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; Sep 17, 2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2004, 10:42 AM
Jungmeister 55
Orlando Herndon, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2002
3,462 Posts
I saw this plane in person yesterday and the truth is the photos just don't show the quality of build and attention to detail that World Models put into it to make it a true light and strong electric frame.

The material is top quality. There are lightening holes all over the place, yet it still remains strong. The battery compartment is roomy enough for Nimh's and plenty for Lipo's. Plus the light ply battery base has several slots around the sides for installing velcro straps.

The underside is completely white so, as Carlos mentioned, it is a very good idea to add either stripes, sunburst or checkerboard pattern to it to keep the plane visible against the clouds above or in hazy days.

I'll be following this thread closely...now...if only World Models would come out with a Bucker Jungmeister ARF!!!...

Gerry.
simano is offline Find More Posts by simano
Old Sep 13, 2004, 01:45 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Build Process!

Gerry,

Thanks for your observations while you inspected the RAMBLER EP!

Okay, forget what order the instructions tell you on how to proceed with the Build Process and installing the hardware.

As you all can see, I went ahead and installed all control horns for the Rudder, Elevator, and Ailerons first before bothering with gluing the tail feathers onto the FUSE and ailerons onto the wing.

Those screws and plastic backing anchors require to press against the control surface to allow the screws to come through the other side such that it would be pretty hard to do once the tail feathers are installed to the FUSE and ailerons to the wing.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 01:54 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Build Process!

Once all the control horns were completely installed then, the supplied hinges were aligned and glued as shown.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 01:58 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Build Process!

Don't misunderstand me here.....the whole ARF cost $59.99US and it came with a Long Can Speed 400 + Gearbox + Spinner + prop but, the tail skid had to go!

I went ahead and installed this fully steerable tail wheel I had left over from some piece parts of GWS stock.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 02:05 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
This is as far as I am going to go for tonight.

The control rods plus plastic anchors would need to wait another day.

Oh, yes, I almost forgot....once you get this ARF, you will ask yourself how in the heckk will you route the servo extension wires to the middle of the wing root from the inside. If you raise the wing assembly to a strong light then, you will see light wire or string that has been left for you to do this and all you have to do is tie the servo extension Y cable to the end of this string/wire and pull out towards the middle wing root.

The following two pictures shows a different pair of main landing gear wheels since the stock that come with the ARF are just too small for where I intend to take off and land. These are from my former GWS E-STARTER that I had to finally "retire"

Carlos
Last edited by guapoman2000; Sep 13, 2004 at 02:08 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 09:53 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
I will post wing assembly pic's when I pull the servo extension cables.

This will be quite interesting for me since this is the first 4 servo model for me.

Carlos
Old Sep 13, 2004, 09:55 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,521 Posts
Looks very nice - can't believe that price. Now if they would just drop the motor and we will fit them with a brushless motor - they should really be able to get a low price.

Mike
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member