HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2004, 10:56 AM
Fresno, CA
Joined May 2004
167 Posts
Anyone know when the Junkers JU 87 D-1 STUKA from FSK will be available?

Anyone heard when the release of this kit will be? I can't wait to have one and modify it with a real bomb drop. Maybe add a siren..lol The kit looks excellent! Any news? I can't wait!
Electricman is offline Find More Posts by Electricman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2004, 01:38 PM
Joined Jun 2004
96 Posts
I'm still wondering if those wheels are for real (ie ROG takeoff/landing) or have to be reomoved first... nice as it looks it won't be right flying without those wheels

Best,

Joel
product is offline Find More Posts by product
Old Sep 10, 2004, 04:01 PM
Fresno, CA
Joined May 2004
167 Posts
It says that it will take off from the ground unlike their other models. Goto the FSK site. They make 2 different versions (west front and east front) pretty cool
Old Sep 10, 2004, 04:02 PM
Joined Jun 2004
96 Posts
Cool, do you have a link to the site? I've never been there.

Joel
product is offline Find More Posts by product
Old Sep 10, 2004, 04:06 PM
Fresno, CA
Joined May 2004
167 Posts
http://www.flyingstyrokit.cz/enovinky.html
Old Sep 10, 2004, 04:07 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Apr 2003
3,171 Posts
I do not work or do marketing for FSK
just a flyer. Here we go

http://www.flyingstyrokit.cz/enovinky.html
rcguy01 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy01
Old Sep 10, 2004, 04:28 PM
easily confused
Nashville Metro, Tennessee, United States
Joined Sep 2003
2,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by product
I'm still wondering if those wheels are for real (ie ROG takeoff/landing) or have to be reomoved first... nice as it looks it won't be right flying without those wheels

Best,

Joel
Ain't that the truth, Joel!

The good news, following the link for FSK's site, I find this regarding the Stuka: 'Model is prepared for land on the ground.'

The caveat:

Glad as I am that went through the trouble of building my own Stuka (converted from the Guillow's kit, similar size to the FSK), I've found that if you're gonna get much use out of one of these you'd best have a real smooth paved runway of some sort to use handy. If so, great...go for it!

Me, I don't particularly feel like coughing up AMA dues, fees for my city permit to fly at one of the Official Model Airplane Fields (only usable during the week, on the weekends it's off limits to modellers and the blasted GOLFERS get to use it ), and so on, just to be able to fly this one plane.

I've flown mine once so far off the parking lot of a local water park, the only wide open paved area near me. I've gone back a time or two since and even now, after Labor Day, there are still lots of minivans and loads of kids all over. Dratted people...go home! Those kids should be in school! LOL

All is not lost; it won't be long before I can go out there on a morning and find the place dead so I can fly some more...I'm patient! But even at that, I think I'll take a broom with me and sweep my chosen 'runway' area before I fly...that first flight my Stuka 'tripped' over a pebble on landing, causing some minor damage. Planes with a configuration like the Stuka's are pretty delicate!

Meanwhile, I've got my GWS Zero to fly sans gear from the immense grass field also near me, and my current build is an AerodromeRC Halberstadt biplane with big old wheels that'll handle the short grass of the soccer field next door to that. Until I find a deserted industrial park or something like it near me, I've sworn off planes with finicky wheel pants!

Glenn
mu2freighter is offline Find More Posts by mu2freighter
Last edited by mu2freighter; Sep 10, 2004 at 05:45 PM.