HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2004, 08:07 AM
Joined Dec 2002
84 Posts
what function to use ?? to set up zagi

i dont know how to set up the zagi by using my 9C
do i set it up using END POINT ?? or what do i use ?to my understanding my zagi wont be needing a mixer because my radio can do the work but which function to use for mixing ??
extremeflying is offline Find More Posts by extremeflying
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2004, 02:10 AM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
extreme:

Nice radio choice!

I've never programed a Z*gi, but the details should be similar to other flying wings.

The control surfaces on Z*gis are considered elevons, so you want to find that function on the 9c.

Turn your radio on and hold the Mode/Page button down. When the new screen appears, hold the same button down again. Now, use the dial to scroll through options until you find Elevons (it's there, you just need to keep scrolling). Select Elevons by pushing the dial.

Now, you will see a screen with elevon rates and a MIX option. The cursor should be on MIX. If not, move it there.

It will read: MIX -> INH. Turn the dial one click CC to activate mixing. It now reads: MIX -> ACT. Hit the END button and you now have working elevons. Go back and dial in your desired rates, if you wish.

Let us know how it works out!

daveWCO
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Last edited by daveWCO; Sep 11, 2004 at 02:16 AM. Reason: sp
Old Sep 12, 2004, 07:45 AM
Joined Dec 2002
84 Posts
thx man !! i just found out how to do it on the manual ! how do i know what rates i should set mine to ?? my zagi is coming tomorrow and another question what kind of charger to do u use to charge the batt ? i really dont know what to charge this batt with im thinking of making another extra batt do u have any suggestions ?
Old Sep 12, 2004, 09:45 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
23,495 Posts
The ZAGI instructions will tell you what throws to use.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Sep 12, 2004, 10:19 PM
Silent Flight
Tucson, AZ USA
Joined Oct 2002
3,946 Posts
extreme:

You might check in the Flying Wings forum and also check out www.myzagi.com I hear it is THE Z*gi site!

daveWCO
daveWCO is offline Find More Posts by daveWCO
Old Sep 13, 2004, 06:36 AM
Joined Dec 2002
84 Posts
ok guys thx for all the comments and suggestions but if u guys would post me some pics of how u lay out all the equipments inside? i just got my zagi done today and i dont know how to lay out the inside?? i will post pics soon!!
Old Sep 13, 2004, 09:35 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
23,495 Posts
Here are photos of my ZAGI 3C slope glider. I hope these are helpful.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr