SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 09, 2004, 06:01 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
New Prop Adapters for GWS Props and Johnson motors!

I'm now making available new prop adapters for the Johnson motor (or any motor with 2mm shafts) and props with 4mm prop hubs (ie. GWS 4x4 prop). These prop adapters are CNC machined from Stainless Steel. Weight is .1 oz.

Finally no more slipping props or melted rubber prop adapters!

The prop adapters will come with 2 set screws and an allen wrench. You can find them on my site at this page: http://speedwing.net/html/body_motor...essories.shtml

Here are a few pictures.

-- Acer
Acer is online now Find More Posts by Acer
Last edited by Acer; Sep 09, 2004 at 06:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2004, 09:52 PM
Somerset, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Jun 2004
545 Posts
Looks like a nice adapter for sure. Bit pricey though. And then add the shipping and it is pretty steep. But again, I have to admit that it looks nice. If I am already buying off the site I may add one to the cart
rpage is offline Find More Posts by rpage
Old Sep 09, 2004, 10:23 PM
Zooom Zooom
Flint Bishop, Michigan, United States
Joined Apr 2004
157 Posts
I think I have to agree with rpage. I was excited to see this product, but I don't need it that bad. That is just my 2 cents.
deeman is offline Find More Posts by deeman
Old Sep 09, 2004, 10:31 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
The reason for the $6.00 price tag is that these prop adapters are each machined by me alone. It takes time to machine each part and time=money. The cheaper prop adapters that we are used to are mass produced in China (or some other country), and sold through distributors.

I can tell you now that I'm not making much money off of them for the time involved in machining. I just thought I'd supply a product that isn't made and is in high demand

-- Acer
Old Sep 09, 2004, 10:45 PM
Joined Jun 2004
545 Posts
Acer-

Oh I do not doubt what you say at all. I am sure they are time consuming to make. And as I stated, they look great! Maybe see if you can swing a cheaper shipping rate on that item alone or something? Or even do a 2 for $10 deal or something. I would love to see you sell them. Heck, I would like to buy a few. But I can't justify the $4.00 shipping on something that could be shipped in an envelope for far less. Just an idea is all.

I hope you are not offended. Just my point of view, not ment to put down your product or work.
Old Sep 09, 2004, 10:56 PM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
All shipping is via Priority Mail, thus the $4.00 charge. You can buy a servo or two to make up for the shipping cost

Send me an email or PM if you'd like one shipped via regular mail, cost of a stamp

-- Acer
Old Sep 09, 2004, 11:18 PM
zagnutz fiend
tulsa,ok
Joined Jul 2004
1,426 Posts
How much harder to make it with a knurled area at the base for the prop to press fit onto?This would sure help lock the prop on.
Also,as a hobby machinist,I know a little about what you go thru to design your parts and setup your machine.Your price is quite reasonable,cheap even with the shipping.It is obviously a labor of love,and the quality is self evident.
Many of us have spent more and gotten less,quality always shows thru
stirlingnut is offline Find More Posts by stirlingnut
Old Sep 09, 2004, 11:55 PM
Joined Jun 2004
545 Posts
Acer
Pm sent
Old Sep 10, 2004, 12:24 AM
Loveland, Colorado
Joined Mar 2000
1,997 Posts
Stirlingnut, I don't have a knurling attachment for my lathe yet, so I'd have to use my mill to cut knurles into the shaft. This would greatly increase the time spent on each part (setup, programming, etc...) so it wouldn't be too cost effective.

As it is designed, there is no prop slip at all, so although a knurled area would be nice (and it is a good idea ) it wouldn't make this adapter work any better.

-- Acer
Old Sep 10, 2004, 01:12 AM
plane obsessed
Denver, CO.
Joined Nov 2003
3,886 Posts
That is some nice machining! If I ever order a Speedwing from you I will definitely add that little jewel to the cart- very nice work BTW. All polished and everything!
Cody WIlson is offline Find More Posts by Cody WIlson
Old Sep 10, 2004, 09:02 PM
Mission, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2003
401 Posts
I've made a few adapters and I don't think that $6.00 is too much for something that is hand made. I've tried the tapped and bolt style and the threaded for nut style, like Acer made, and the latter is definitely better. Nice job Acer!
Bipe Flier is offline Find More Posts by Bipe Flier