HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2004, 10:19 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Oklahoma City OK USA Where fakts still exist even if they are ignored
Joined Aug 2000
2,792 Posts
OTHER than a GPPatch are there any comm'l antennas

Been searching here and the parallel thread on RCU and have not found an answer. I have one of the cheapie systems off ebay. We put it on a pretty advanced spectrum analyzer yesterday and the unmarked system came in at 1.03 GHz, at least the biggest first peak. I thought I saw a post around here of a Yagi that would cover .9 to 1.2 GHz?

And if I go with a patch is it omni directional? If not how wide, what angle does the directional reception look like?
TIA
Tom
Majortomski is offline Find More Posts by Majortomski
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2004, 01:50 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Joined Aug 2000
2,792 Posts
bump
Old Sep 10, 2004, 02:28 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,200 Posts
It is unlikely that you will find a decent/affordable commercial antenna that is optimized for your freq. Your Tx is using the restricted RF space (reserved for aircraft NAVIADS).

For best results with the R/C wireless video app, do NOT use an omni antenna on the Rx. That just invites multipathing and other interference issues. The GP Patch can be scaled to support various operating frequencies (details are on the web page). It has a wide enough beam spread to allow good reception without the need to laser sight the antenna to the moving model. Just place it well above ground and away from all obstructions.

RC-CAM
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM
Old Sep 11, 2004, 03:57 PM
dusty bible = dirty life
Joined Aug 2000
2,792 Posts
Thanks, I'd pretty much come to that conclusion.

Tom