HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2004, 04:27 PM
Fresno, CA
Joined May 2004
167 Posts
Any websites out there with "Clip art" for warbirds? (i.e. decal printing)

I just got some clear and white decal paper. Are there any sites I could goto to download files to print for my GWS warbirds? I'm looking for nose art and country insignia's. any help would be great.
Thanks,
Chad
Electricman is offline Find More Posts by Electricman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2004, 06:17 PM
Birmingham Intl, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
969 Posts
Not a lot of help, I know, but I've just used Adobe Illustrator to make up a set of decals for a Mosquito I'm finishing off. I'm sure even Paint could do the job, the only difficulty is matching the colours as its a little difficult to see what the colour matching to the TFT monitor and printer could end up with and the white vinyl isn't cheap!

I did try using OHP clear film although I had to back it with white Solartrim to give a decent colour. I rubbed the outside surface of the film with fine sandpaper to give a matt finish and then fixed them with spray mount - okay-ish but the proper stuff is better.
Steve990 is offline Find More Posts by Steve990
Last edited by Steve990; Sep 08, 2004 at 06:19 PM.