HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2004, 02:13 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Youngstown, PA 15696
Joined May 2002
463 Posts
Rant
FRAUD ALERT! ---Arizona Models-- Buyers Beware!!

Just wanted to share my nightmare dealing with Arizona Models. I would not reccommend them to anybody!!! I had purchased one of their combat ARF's over a month ago(last week of July). I talked to Barry at Arizona models and he told me that they were moving and he would get it out to me soon. This was the first week of August (charged my card 8/4). About two weeks later, I called and asked about my shipment, he apologized and said soon. A week and 1/2 later I called to see where it was, he tells me that it was returned to him crushed and he was going to file a claim with the USPO and when he had the $$ he would send it to me. By this time my patience is wearing thin.

I called him abut four days before Labor day and he assured me he was mailing it out and should have it shortly after Labor day. I asked him if he could overnight it to me since Ive been waiting so long and said "oh no that will be like $20, I'll send it Priority". I'd figure it was the least he could do. Silly me I guess. Lastly I called just yesterday and got one of his co workers and asked to have my $$ refunded and he said that he'd have to ask Barry, because he couldn't and he'd call me back. Needless to say no call ( he never does return calls) so I called my credit card company and reported him for fraud and had them refund my money. I had given them more than the benefit of the doubt, but this is ridiculous. So much for customer service, eh?

Buyer Beware!

Tony
Pilot_Tony is offline Find More Posts by Pilot_Tony
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2004, 04:01 PM
one game away...
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Apr 2004
3,891 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to remove thier site from my favorites list. The list started pretty big. Pretty much all the rc vendors I could find. Now I watch this board and others and remove the offenders.

matt
PerfectStranger is offline Find More Posts by PerfectStranger
Old Sep 11, 2004, 03:48 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Youngstown, PA 15696
Joined May 2002
463 Posts
bump!
Old Sep 16, 2004, 10:20 AM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
Is this the Arizona Model Aircraft that makes the WWI planes, or a different company?
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger
Old Sep 17, 2004, 12:46 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Youngstown, PA 15696
Joined May 2002
463 Posts
Yes its the Arizona Models in AZ that makes the WW I airplanes.

Buyers beware!

Tony
Old Sep 17, 2004, 01:36 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined May 2001
3,816 Posts
They are kind of famous for long, long waiting times, unless it is something they happen to have in stock. I think pretty much everything is made to order, and they have a waiting list. They have stuff nobody else has, and people seem to be very, very happy WHEN they get their stuff.
I'm not excusing them, just saying that you are dealing with a boutique operation that makes exclusive stuff, and most people(not all) are aware of that before they order, and have patience with them.
easytiger is offline Find More Posts by easytiger