HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2004, 12:45 PM
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,965 Posts
Phoenix 10 esc question

Do you unhook motor before you begin to program the Phoenix 10 esc? I didn't see anything about that in the instructions. RCNutt
rcnutt is offline Find More Posts by rcnutt
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2004, 12:53 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,197 Posts
You don't need to have the motor connected to do the programming - no aircraft either - just the battery, Rx and ESC on your workbench or on a table beside your easy chair! In fact you don't want the motor connected since you could get chopped up by the prop if you have the system sitting in your lap!

Cheers, Phil
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Sep 07, 2004, 07:32 PM
gasless
Seattle area
Joined Jun 2004
631 Posts
It does not even need the battery if using PHX-Link. The USB cable supplies the necessary power for the device while being programmed.
gfcermak is offline Find More Posts by gfcermak
Old Sep 08, 2004, 12:53 PM
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,965 Posts
I did program it last night the way I think I want it. What was odd is there was no beeping sound ????? The light flashes seemed to be right though. Has anyone else out there had that problem? RCNutt
Old Sep 08, 2004, 02:18 PM
iva
Vancouver Harbour Sp, Canada
Joined Jan 2001
539 Posts
It will only beep if motor is attached. It uses motor windings as a loudspeker/buzzer.

Zoran
iva is offline Find More Posts by iva
Old Sep 09, 2004, 10:43 AM
Suspended Account
ni'ihau
Joined Nov 2003
3,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iva
It will only beep if motor is attached. It uses motor windings as a loudspeker/buzzer.

Zoran
AARRGGGGhh!
and all this time I thought it was me bad ears!!!

buccan ears??
jimbo
Eljimb0 is offline Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 09, 2004, 12:56 PM
Centerville, In. USA
Joined Jul 2001
1,965 Posts
hooking up motor before programming Pheonix 10

To Dr Kiwi, The instructions say you will here beeps. And I gather you must have your motor hooked up to hear beeps. So I assume that the motor will not turn if you are in the programming mode when you go to full throttle to answer "yes". Is this correct? Or is there some danger here? Anyone? RCNutt
Old Sep 09, 2004, 01:03 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnutt
To Dr Kiwi, The instructions say you will here beeps. And I gather you must have your motor hooked up to hear beeps. So I assume that the motor will not turn if you are in the programming mode when you go to full throttle to answer "yes". Is this correct? Or is there some danger here? Anyone? RCNutt
The motor will not run in programming mode. I always program with the motor connected and get the beeps and just don't attach a prop for safety.

Mike
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2004, 01:04 PM
Balsa!!!
Singapore
Joined Sep 2003
1,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iva

Zoran
EH?????????????????? That's new!
csisfun is offline Find More Posts by csisfun