HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2004, 12:12 AM
Joined Jul 2004
12 Posts
What would make a good slow-flyer type plane /w 4 extra nes-537 servos & r700receiver

I have 4 extra nes-537 jr servos and 1 r700 reciver.

question is:

Is there anyway I could use them in a slow-flyer or something similar? I know there heavy and large, but I hate to see stuff sitting around...

I have tp2100 lipo's that I would want to use for this setup also..

Just want to make a fun/slow low worrie flyer..

If anyone has any ideas please reply..

thanks
smokeit is offline Find More Posts by smokeit
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2004, 08:53 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Mar 2000
1,134 Posts
Your receiver and servos are going to weigh as much as most good slow-flyer type airplanes. I don't think you are going to have much joy finding something for that radio equipment. Radio gear for slow-flyers are usually weighed in grams, not ounces.
JeffD is offline Find More Posts by JeffD
Old Sep 07, 2004, 09:48 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
You could probably get away with using them in a Slow Stick. Several people on this board are using cameras that weigh several ounces for aerial photography on the slow stick. It stands to reason that the plane shouldn't care whether the extra weight it carries is radio gear or a camera. While not exactly a slow/parkflyer, you could also use this stuff in a Telemaster; they're reasonably slow and gentle, but would need a bit more room to breathe than the slow stick.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Sep 07, 2004, 09:51 AM
Joined Jul 2004
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Smith
You could probably get away with using them in a Slow Stick. Several people on this board are using cameras that weigh several ounces for aerial photography on the slow stick. It stands to reason that the plane shouldn't care whether the extra weight it carries is radio gear or a camera. While not exactly a slow/parkflyer, you could also use this stuff in a Telemaster; they're reasonably slow and gentle, but would need a bit more room to breathe than the slow stick.
what are some good 'slow sticks' ?
smokeit is offline Find More Posts by smokeit
Old Sep 07, 2004, 09:58 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
I was referring to the venerable GWS Slow Stick. See Here.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber