HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2004, 05:36 AM
Joined Sep 2004
27 Posts
Best battery for aqua Jet 550

Iam getting a Aqua Jet with standard motor as I cannot get a RTR one with the 775 in the UK. Therefore my quick question is what is the best Voltage and size battery to go for for a balance between speed and runtime etc?
Thanks
Anastie is offline Find More Posts by Anastie
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2004, 05:46 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastie
Iam getting a Aqua Jet with standard motor as I cannot get a RTR one with the 775 in the UK. Therefore my quick question is what is the best Voltage and size battery to go for for a balance between speed and runtime etc?
Thanks
As far as normal cells go, a 6-7 pack of GP3300 is the Rolls Royce of cells for both run time and voltage under load.
If you're thinking of LiPo's any 2s combianation giving you a 25 Amp current capacity. That's enough for your standard motor/prop combination.
http://www.overlander.co.uk/ is probably your best UK source for cells.
martin richards is offline Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Sep 08, 2004, 05:20 PM
England
Joined Dec 2003
89 Posts
Chris, I can make you up the GP3300 cells for your AJ for 26. MUCH cheaper than OVERLANDER!!!!

These are the very best cells you will ever need. I use them all the time on my model planes. I have 6 8 cell packs and they are superb!

I have just got some in so if you want me to make up a pack for this weekend I can. I will charge them up for you too all ready to rock!
Shoutbanger is offline Find More Posts by Shoutbanger