HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2002, 08:34 PM
Louisville, KY, USA
Joined Jan 2001
21 Posts
other kyosho motors any good for helis?

Has anyone tried any other kyosho motors besides the magnetic mayhem or atomic force? I am debating on trying the 17 atomic force or the 14 turn krpton Krystal in my corona. I have read some post that people had luck with atomic force and others stating that it did not have enough power to get the heli off the ground.
thanks Nathan
hnearnest is offline Find More Posts by hnearnest
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2002, 11:09 PM
Columbus, MS, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,290 Posts
Atomic Force has a Kv (rpm/volt) of around 3500, Krypton Krystal is about 4400. This means you'll have to use a much smaller pinion with the KK... I haven't done the math (I don't even know the main gear tooth size on an LMH), but you may not be able to use it effectively.

Atomic Force works. If you can't get an LMH or Corona off the ground with one, either the motor is bad or you have a problem somewhere else in your system.

Greg in Minneapolis
gstew is offline Find More Posts by gstew
Old Feb 05, 2002, 11:32 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Apr 2000
1,396 Posts
Nathan,
At the time I couldn't get an Atomic Force so I bought the 14 turn Krypton Krystal for my Corona. I ended up with a 9 tooth pinion and its been working well on 7 and 8 cell 2000mah packs. The 8 cell pack gets the motor a little hot though.

Hope this helps,
Mike
CryHavoc is offline Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Feb 06, 2002, 10:44 AM
Columbus, MS, USA
Joined Oct 2000
1,290 Posts
Ok, ok, I now stand corrected. It's good to know another combo for the LMH.

Later!

Greg in Minneapolis
gstew is offline Find More Posts by gstew