HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2004, 11:36 AM
Vicksburg, MI
Joined Jul 2004
581 Posts
Cool
I need plans/3 views for P-51D Mustang

I am working on a 1/12 scale scale model of the P-51D mustang, and need either free plans or free 3-views with fuselage cross sections for it. The plans don't even need to be 1/12 scale, I'd scale them to the size I need. The fuselage is going to be vacuum formed 2mm zepron foam, covered with silver microlite film applied in individual panels. Other scale details include: concealed hinges, working flaps, wingtip lights, and retractable landing gear.
currently I only have small 3 views , a mock-up, homemade scale retractable tailgear, and ideas.

-Daniel
Daniel11 is offline Find More Posts by Daniel11
Last edited by Daniel11; Mar 12, 2005 at 05:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2004, 11:42 AM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
9,146 Posts
Where's Vicksburg? I'm in Warren.

Seem like a lot of stuff to put into a 1/12 scale ship. My 42" span variant, witha scale wing and tail planform, at 45 ounces has a 22+ ounce wingloading. I can't imagine putting all the extra goodies in there.....Sounds like a neat project though....

There may be some erally good three-views on the Flight Journal site, as well doing a search on Google for Aircraft 3-views or similar. You have to watch out where you get some, theya re some really inaccurate ones out there.

Mark
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old Sep 01, 2004, 12:05 PM
United Kingdom, Wrexham
Joined Jun 2004
622 Posts
P51 rc combat plan

Many people rave about a design in cad by Steve Hergett for r/c combat here is a link for you to d/l. You will need autocad or similar to view the files.

Hope this helps.

http://www.aircombat.nl/bouwtekening/dxf_sh_p51d.zip
plane_spotter is offline Find More Posts by plane_spotter
Old Sep 01, 2004, 03:02 PM
Mississauga, Ontario
Joined Mar 2003
696 Posts
The below link is to a set of Earl Stahl plans. I doubt they're what you're looking for but they came to mind quickly.

http://www.theplanpage.com/esp/p51d_files/p51d.zip

This might be more along your lines. Below is a set of P-51-A/B/C/D 3-views, but the crosssections aren't of the D model.

http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/p51.zip
http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/p51-2.zip

Hope this helps!

Cameron Aach
The Max-Q is offline Find More Posts by The Max-Q
Last edited by The Max-Q; Sep 01, 2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old Sep 01, 2004, 03:44 PM
Grizzled Member
Bonners Ferry, Idaho USA
Joined Mar 2001
267 Posts
Daniel,

I ran across this set of Mustang plans. It's the same set plane_spotter suggested, but somebody along the line apparently didn't like the not-too-scale wing drawing so they apparently designed a new wing and included it in the .zip file. I haven't built this model, so can't really say if it's a good one or not, but it looks like it should be OK. Here's the file:

P51D.zip

Jim
Jim Robinson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Robinson
Old Sep 01, 2004, 09:49 PM
ARFs make me BARF
Joined Dec 2000
9,146 Posts
Hmmmm, how about making a Piper PA 48 Enforcer???? That would be neat
Old Sep 02, 2004, 09:29 AM
Vicksburg, MI
Joined Jul 2004
581 Posts
Enforcer

If you were to get me (for free) plans and documentation for the Enforcer, I could make one.
Old Sep 02, 2004, 09:30 AM
Vicksburg, MI
Joined Jul 2004
581 Posts
I need more

I still need more

-Daniel
Old Sep 02, 2004, 08:05 PM
ARFs make me BARF
Joined Dec 2000
9,146 Posts
http://s96920072.onlinehome.us/AWA1/...er/walk170.htm
I have a customer that was on the Enforcer project , He stated the tail had been lengthened by something like 17", the fin and stab modifed. according to this guy, only about 10% of the final ship was actually P51 interchangable.
Still, the longer tail and lack of bellly scoop would make a nice performing plane......
Somewhere, I had begun converting my P51 from MAN into a drawing for the Enforcer, but I can't seem to find it. If I do I'll post it.

Mark
Old Sep 02, 2004, 08:07 PM
ARFs make me BARF
Joined Dec 2000
9,146 Posts
The pic there is from the Cavailier Turbo Mustang , that would go on to become the Enforcer.I believe the image my be flopped, as the exhaust I think was on the left, and the tail had yet to be stretched.

Mark
Old Sep 03, 2004, 12:12 AM
Crossville Memorial, Tennesse, United States
Joined Jul 2003
205 Posts
Turbo Mustang / Enforcer

Flying Models magazine Plan CD-62 details 24.5 inch span rubber powered models of both planes. 3-views are included on the plan. The plan and article were published, I believe, in the Sept 1998 issue.

My memory doesn't always serve me too well anymore, but I seem to recall reading that the Enforcer was based on the P-51D, and the Turbo was based on the later model with the different cranked wing and different canopy shape. Both used turboprop engines. I saw the Enforcer recently at the USAF Museum.

John
JohnBlankenship is offline Find More Posts by JohnBlankenship